Team 23 Swamp Roosters

moyehow

I hate it, but i will not be in the woods tomorrow morning. My 6 year old is running in her second 5K tomorrow. I ran with her last year, but this I can't keep up with her. I'm out of shape, not to mention she's running 3 miles under 30 minutes. Can you tell that Daddy is proud? Good luck everyone.

southGAlefty

I hate it, but i will not be in the woods tomorrow morning. My 6 year old is running in her second 5K tomorrow. I ran with her last year, but this I can't keep up with her. I'm out of shape, not to mention she's running 3 miles under 30 minutes. Can you tell that Daddy is proud? Good luck everyone.

Wow that is impressive at her age!! I run a good bit myself but I don't know that I'm much faster than she is!! Good for her, tell her good luck for me man!

moyehow

Did not get to go this weekend. I did get to make a few crow calls, pot calls and scratch boxes.
DSC_0397.jpg

DSC_0400.jpg

DSC_0402.jpg

Kwaksmoka

I didn't know you made calls, those are some good looking turkey enticers! What are those crow calls made out of?

moyehow

I didn't know you made calls, those are some good looking turkey enticers! What are those crow calls made out of?

I've been making calls for 5 years now. I make only a few, one at a time. The crow calls are made from mule deer antler. Every one seems to like these. I sell them for $38.00. That includes the shipping. Now that i have a nice shop, I want to get a little more serious with it.

Kwaksmoka

That's cool right there and interesting too!

Alright boy's im getting back after it, heading out to do a little afternoon hunt today and morning hunt tomorrow! Let's see if we can't get this train headed back down the track!

southGAlefty

Yep we need to get it rolling again, got some catching up to do on a couple of these teams.

I called in a jake this morning for my buddy's first turkey. We sat down around 6:45 and had him flopping at 7:06, shortest hunt I've ever been on but man it was fun!

moyehow

Beautiful morning to hear a gobbler, at least i thought. did not hear a bird, except for crows and woodpeckers.

duckndeerhuntinRN

I got #3 today at 10:15...It was very windy and they were very quiet. Had two hens and 3 jakes all over me as close as 10 yards, one jake had about a 6 " beard. They retreated to a big field and I sat listening and watching them. I called every so often and nothing..about 930 I pulled out my trax double sided slate call and started cuttin and callin with some purrs..The jakes went running off the field, I thought dang my callin cant be that bad. About two minutes later I hear a faint gobble about 2oo behind me. He startes goblin at crows , birds and my calling and moving my way fast.finally I dont hear him for about 10 min and I hear the cracking of leaves right behind me and then he gobbles about 10 yds behind me, i swear it rang my ears..but he was right behind me.. slowly he moves to my right and behind some muscadine bushes 15 yards away and is strutting, spittin, and drummin..I slowly turn and he drops his feathers and looks around, so I swing and shoot..FRT floppin right there..awsome season 10 inch beard 1inch spurs, good 2yr old bird..this is my second year to limit out, last year was my first..Thank You Lord! good luck guys..Im pretty excited..
David

JHannah92

Congrats! I'm doin all I can to put up some points of my own this week. Goin tomorrow afternoon and hopefully Fri morning.

moyehow

Awesome!!! Congrats on a great season. I've got to get busy. Hopefully Sat. I can get at least one.

moyehow

I had one gobbling for two hours this morning. I needed to be out of the woods at 8:45. At 8:30 I decided to try to move closer. I got as close as I could and he gobbled at 30 yards. At 8:45 I saw his head but needed him to step out. I could have shot at his head but decided to wait. I waited another 5 min., nothing. I had to leave. I crawled out to the road and saw him with a hen. They did not see me, thank goodness. Maybe I should have taken a chance. I don't know. I do know this, I will be there waiting for him on Sat. I can't tell you how hard it was to leave the woods this morning.

southGAlefty

I took a friend of mine to my honeyhole and we heard 4-5 on the roost but they locked up when they hit the ground. Broke my streak of seeing a turkey every time I got there. Oh well...keep after them guys.

moyehow

brother's first turkey

I took my brother sat. and we had a great morning. He was able to harvest his first turkey ever.
DSC_8213.jpg

moyehow

And at the same time I was able to get my second of the year. I'm just glad there were two and so he could shoot. These two birds were on a mission. they came running into the decoy and we had to count fast. 1,2,3 shoot. Seven yards.. No flopping, just layed out like bricks.

DSC_8227.jpg

Kwaksmoka

Yes sir, way to go!!!! :cool::cool::cool: I love to see some dead birds, especially those by a Swamp Rooster! Congrats MH, now you've got your brother hooked!

We've got to make a good push and finish strong guys!