Team 23 Swamp Roosters

duckndeerhuntinRN

Good Job!!

Nice birds...Keep trying till the end..my bird and yours puts us at 52 points which is tied for third I think...GOOD JOB!!:cool:

we are three birds out of first..not bad...I have faith in yall...

moyehow

mothers day gift and more calls

bowl- texas ebony
Padauk, cocobolo, texas ebony and maple burl
Did not get to go this weekend. Going tomorrow, thur, and sat.

DSC_0407.jpg

DSC_0410.jpg

DSC_0402.jpg

moyehow

I went this morning and heard 3 different birds. they each gobbled one time and shut up. I was no where near these birds, so I know they did not see me. Going to try again on thur.

Kwaksmoka

I haven't heard a thing, but i'm not giving up, im going to try it tommorow and see what happens! Don't quit fellas!

JHannah92

I'm gonna try and go tomorrow afternoon, and again saturday. Was plannin on hitting it hard this week but work has me kinda screwed up. I'm seeing tons of tracks and strut marks, just gotta be there when they come through.

duckndeerhuntinRN

hang in there..

some of my best hunts have been on the last day...its never to late..and if all else, have fun and enjoy the outdoors..GOOD LUCK!!!!

moyehow

I got to my spot at 6:10 this morning and he was already in the field. He must have flown down before daylight. In just a matter of minutes he had 6 hens with him. I made a few soft purrs and waited. After watching him follow the hens to the other side of the field, I caught movement to my left. A two year old gobbler stepped out. He walked in front of me at 30 yards and stopped. Then the big gobbler sounded off and the two year old started walking. I looked up and the big boss gobler was headed straight for the two year old. He chased him out of the field. After the two year old was out of the field the boss carried his hens back to the other side. It was quite a show. I'm thinking about getting in there at 5:45 sat. and setting up a hen and pretty boy. I think he will come charging and looking for a fight. What do you guys think? He has hens and doesn't seem to want any other toms around. I sure would like to see him jump on pretty boy.

JHannah92

Well my season ended without a bang. Glad you guys killed some and I wish I could have contributed to our score. Guess there's always next year...

southGAlefty

I enjoyed it too fellas, I'd take this team again any year! Hope you boys have a good fishing/deer season this year and we'll get back after them come March 2011!

Kwaksmoka

Man it's hard to believe it's over til next year! Had a great time sorry i didn't come through with #3. I would have never believed it, but that's why they call it hunting! Keep in touch, I really enjoyed it! Matt

moyehow

enjoyed it also. Tried to get number 3 sat., it just did not pan out. Can't wait til next year. Keep in touch and God bless!!

Moye Howard

moyehow

southGAlefty,
Did you get the longest spur? Congrats!! As far as I can tell you should have it.

southGAlefty

Thanks man I think I did, but haven't been pm'd yet. I don't think everything goes "official" until the 22nd because we have a week to enter a bird. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping my 1.5" holds out! The one entered after mine I think was entered as a mistake and just hasn't been weeded out yet, it definitely looks to measure 1 7/16".