Team 31

LeePea

Glad to hear yall got a bird. I called in one saturday for my buddy at 12:30. It was a 2 year old bird with a 9" beard and it was also his first bird. I hope to have one before long.

DukeBoy30

Congrats to both of you. Had three toms within 70 yards of me and tkburns yesterday. They were to busy fighting each other to even pay attention to us. Did call in a jake for another buddy this morning, first bird he's ever killed so not a total bust.Looking forward to next weekend.

J Gilbert

Guys, I may have messed up, I didn't get a picture of myself with the newspaper but we'll see, I posted pictures and I guess we'll see what they say, hopefully my bird will still be accepted, I can't believe I forgot that picture though, sorry if I ended up costing us some points

J Gilbert

So who's heading out after a longbeard this coming weekend? I'm planning on going, rain or shine

J Gilbert

It's looking like it might be overcast Friday, but that just means the birds should be feeling good when the sun comes up Saturday, hopefully I can get another one to cooperate

DukeBoy30

I'll be going this weekend rain or shine.Think I might go to a new spot over in Chattoga county this weekend. Hoping to put one on the board by Sunday.

J Gilbert

Good deal, I wish I had a good spot somewhere here close to home, that 3 hour drive makes it hard for me to get out there all the time but I'll be at my lease atleast 2 or 3 more times this season. I've got two small spots here, one's 10 acres but my cousin and his friend also hunt it so I try to stay away unless it's one of those things where I just need to get into the woods, and another place that I deer hunt that's 40 acres but it's all open and we've only seen a few hens on it.

Once I get started back at my real job (a golf course) I'm going to try to sweet talk the owner into letting me hunt his 110 acres across the street from the course where my dad saw a big flock a few weeks ago, hopefully I'll be able to get on that land and if I do I'll have it all to myself.

DukeBoy30

Timbawolf98 if you need a spot to hunt your more than welcome to come up here sometime.I've got a few spots that are full of birds this year.

J Gilbert

Timbawolf98 if you need a spot to hunt your more than welcome to come up here sometime.I've got a few spots that are full of birds this year.

Maybe we can plan something in a few weeks, atleast sneak out for a morning or something, my job is about to get back going to where I won't make it to my club as much but I'd be more than happy to drive over for a day hunt if you'd have me

J Gilbert

Hey guys,

I got a PM from Huntinfool saying my first bird was disqualified because I failed to take a picture of myself with the newspaper and the bird. I pretty much expected this after looking at the kill thread last week, I was kicking myself for forgetting it. I'm not upset about it, I just feel bad for letting you guys down by forgetting to take that picture, I apologize if this hurts us later in the contest.

But the good news is, I got this message Saturday morning, and went out and knocked down another big tom around 9:00 AM. I made sure to take all the appropriate pictures this time, I'll be posting them on the kill thread either later tonight or tomorrow.

This bird weighed 20lbs 12oz, had a beard that was right at 10 3/4, and had 1" spurs. He was an older bird too, as he had some beard rot going on and there was a defined line of shorter hairs that you could see had already rotted off. I could've finished up my season that evening but decided to hold out on that bird so I could spend more time in the woods later this spring

ADDICTED2HUNTIN

good job timba, guys i appologize but i have not been able to go as to a family emergency that came up wednesday, so hopefully everything is gonna be ok and i will be able to go out and smash some more noggins

J Gilbert

ADDICTED2HUNTIN, family comes first man, do what you have to, you've still got awhile before the season ends. I talked to my boss on Saturday and I officially go back to work on Monday, but doubt I'll make it to my lease this weekend due to the Easter holiday. I've got 2 or 3 guys that have been looking for someone to call for them so I'll probably head out next week with them some and hopefully it'll open up a place or two I can hunt around here as well. And if everything plays out maybe I'll be able to get in a hunt with Dukeboy later this spring as well

trkyburns

Dukeboy30... 2 HUGE gobblers, I mean HUGE (i know because i have seen them myself on more than one occassion)...

...but he missed. :banginghe:cry: He called me right after it happened. Let me tell you, he was one upset dude. If you've hunted turkeys long enough, you've been there. He said it was a clean miss at 32 steps.

I am proud of him today. Even though he missed, he called these birds in, did everything just right, and used a mouth call (yellow yelper) that he is getting more and more confidence in. We'll get one of those big boys before the season is over Jeremy! :shoot:

DukeBoy30

:bangingheWhat he said. Sry guys I hope to get another shot at them again. I got greedy and tried to get 2 birds with one shot.

ADDICTED2HUNTIN

DukeBoy30 it happens to the best of us, you will connect, well guys it seems like my pops is doing alot better so i may be able to get some time in the woods this weekend, hopefully get bird #2 down

LeePea

Good luck to yall this weekend and I am glad to hear that your dad is doing better addicted2huntin. I wont being going to the woods this weekend but will be after them next thursday-sunday.

J Gilbert

As of right now it's not looking like I'll be in the woods hunting for myself this weekend, but I'm hoping to call in a turkey for my buddy since he's never taken one. I should be back at it again next week though as long as I'm not working every day, hopefully I'll be able to close the deal with my bow and finish out my season.