Team 31

DukeBoy30

Hey guys just wondering if any of yall use decoys. I had a big Tom come at me off the roost this mornig, but when he got around 45 yards he just circled around me looking for the hen. Probly could have taken a shot at him but after yesterday I'm a little gun shy.

J Gilbert

Normally I just use a single hen decoy, one of the cheaper foam ones. Sometimes I'll steal my dad's Bmobile too if he's not hunting that day or if he doesn't feel like taking it. I don't like the weight of the Bmobile much, it's a pain to carry around when you've got a gun and a vest on too, but it's worth it sometimes. I'm hoping to pick up a Jake Mobile before the end of the season, I think this is probably the best option of the strutting decoys just because he doesn't seem as agressive since he appears young, so 2 year old birds won't shy away from him like they sometimes will with Bmobile

DukeBoy30

Thanks for the info Timawolf. I would have had 2 back to back great hunts if I could of just got them a little closer. Also let me know when you want to come up here. I still have a few good birds tied up if we need to use them by then.

J Gilbert

I think it pays to have the decoys, even just a cheapo FeatherFlex like I have. When they hang up like that, it's just because they're expecting the hen to show herself, and if you've got a decoy they're more likely to work in and give you the shot you're looking for.

I may have to head your way later in the season, I'm starting back to work at the golf course I've been with for the last 5 years tomorrow morning, so I don't know how much travel time I've got left, but things are looking up financially and that's better than killing one more turkey to me haha.

That being said, I just secured a spot across the road from my work that I'm going to check out tomorrow as well :banana: I don't really know if there are any birds on it or anything, I haven't been back there in a few years now. And now it looks like I'm heading to some private land in Fayetteville on Saturday morning now, gonna carry my gun but call for my buddy, just hoping maybe we can double up on them to finish my season and get his first bird.

ADDICTED2HUNTIN

well boys, i called in 7 birds this morning, the only problem is they all were jakes!!:banginghe:banginghe

my birds didn't talk alot this morning for some reason and the big gobbler i was after had hens with him and took him right away from me, oh well i will give it another go in the morning

J Gilbert

I just got back from checking out that new land I got to hunt, there's atleast one good flock of birds on there, maybe more, there is scratching everywhere since it's mostly hardwoods and with any luck I'll be able to put my buddy on his first turkey tomorrow morning there

LeePea

Had a nice tom 50 yards away this weekend putting on a show but could not close the deal.

ADDICTED2HUNTIN

well guys i was hunted in the morning both saturday and sunday and no luck, i think i got a boss bird up on this one hilltop that is keeping the woods quiet, its like when he gobbles everything else shuts up, the only problem is he doesn't gobble much himself, las weekend i heard him gobble twice and this weekend i did manage to get him to gobble three times but that was it, i have nothing planned for this coming up weekend except to hunt!!! i am gonna be in the spot where he has been roosting at 45 minutes before daylight saturday morning and if i dont get him then i will stay there until it gets dark waiting on him to come back, i just don't think that i will be able to do anything around that area until he is dead...... i did manage to see a couple jakes on saturday but hopefully i will be able to put another one on the board for us this weekend

DukeBoy30

I hope you get him. I've been working the same bird for over a week myself and he's about to wear me down. I also found out last week the land I've been hunting for 3 years , has had another guy that hunts it everyday during the week for the last two years. I always wondered why those birds seemed so smart. He did tell me he did'nt go to kill them he just like calling them up just to look @ them...

chase870

Possum Sox
Boy's I am affraid ADDICTED2HUNTIN has a bird that is puttin the whodo on him. It's really bad, I have heard the " he did this to me, he did that to me" stories for 2 weeks now. You guys get ahold of him and tell him I'll go down there and kill that bird for him. If you'll dont he's gonna need to go see the head shrinker.

ADDICTED2HUNTIN

Boy's I am affraid ADDICTED2HUNTIN has a bird that is puttin the whodo on him. It's really bad, I have heard the " he did this to me, he did that to me" stories for 2 weeks now. You guys get ahold of him and tell him I'll go down there and kill that bird for him. If you'll dont he's gonna need to go see the head shrinker.

i am afraid chase is right guys, i have had a bird absolutely whip me for two weeks straight......i don't even want to talk about it, the only thing that i am proud of is i didn't shoot him off the limb last saturday morning when he was with in 30 yards, other than that i don't know what to say, i had him at 70 yards last sunday and closing the distance and a hen came by and pulled him away, then this morning he went the opposite direction from where he has been going, i don't know what is going on....i will give it another shot in the morning and if i can't seal the deal i may have to take chase with me and we get on each side of him and surely one of us will kill him

chase870

Possum Sox
i am afraid chase is right guys, i have had a bird absolutely whip me for two weeks straight......i don't even want to talk about it, the only thing that i am proud of is i didn't shoot him off the limb last saturday morning when he was with in 30 yards, other than that i don't know what to say, i had him at 70 yards last sunday and closing the distance and a hen came by and pulled him away, then this morning he went the opposite direction from where he has been going, i don't know what is going on....i will give it another shot in the morning and if i can't seal the deal i may have to take chase with me and we get on each side of him and surely one of us will kill him

Ill give you $500.00 for all your turkey hunting stuff LOL:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

ADDICTED2HUNTIN

Well guys i am done!!!!
I finished them off this morning, killed 2 nice birds one whopper 1 3/8 " spurs and the other just a typical 2 year old.......its been a fun but very frustrating season, good luck to the rest of you and be safe!!!

DukeBoy30

Great job on your two kills. Both birds looked real nice. I'm not giving up on getting mine just yet. I'm glad to see you did'nt either.

DukeBoy30

Thanks.... I've had a ruff season so I said the heck with it and shot the jake. Hoping it will change my luck for the rest of the season.

ADDICTED2HUNTIN

fellers, i hate to see the season coming to an end....it has been fun, i have enjoyed the challenge this year, enjoyed chatting with everyone and maybe we can be on the same team again next year. Be safe and good hunting!!