Team #4 Thunder Chicken Assassins

Ricochet

Shortly after I made my last post above - a gobbler and his crew showed up. So, I almost got my first GA bird of the season today but I didn't like the shot I was given. I had to do some ninja stealth stuff on him to get close....boy was his head bright red! I will be waiting for him tomorrow - hopefully he will get rid of those dang hens and Jakes and come into my calls (I got him to gobble close to 100 times)!

hoppie

Well boys I closed out my season this morning. Perfect roost hunt. He is a 6 pt. bird. I will go ahead and enter him if you want or wait till end of the weekend to see if we get some better birds. Just let me know. Posting story on forum.

10 1/8 beard
1 1/8 spurs

Attachments

• DSC03664.JPG
    DSC03664.JPG
    164.2 KB · Views: 386
  • DSC03665.JPG
    DSC03665.JPG
    164.4 KB · Views: 400
  • DSC03666.JPG
    DSC03666.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 380

peanutman04

RATTLESNAKE WRANGLER
congrats hoppie! nice bird too! from the looks of it you may as well post it but you may want to wait a day or two just in case. again congrats on your limit! i didn't get to go today cause of work and had to mow the grass.:banginghe plan on going in the am though. going with my buddy again!:shoot:

Ricochet

Right on - congrats hoppie! I called in 4 Jakes today - apparently the 4 that were with the big boy yesterday. I guess the ole longbeard had other plans today. I'm going to give it another try tomorrow before heading back home to SC.

hoppie

Thanks guys. I will probably throw him on the kill board tomorrow evening if nobody has objections. Good luck to the rest of you in the morning.

ryanwhit

Nice job Hoppie!

ryanwhit

OK guys, here's the pics:

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

The 10+ inch beard on one of them:
DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

ryanwhit

Guys, I'm think I should go ahead and enter both of these birds, and if I'm fortunate enough to get another with bonus points we could possibly use it as the wild card bird. But at least we'll get these two in the contest and accounted for...brings us up to 11 birds w/ Hoppie's. Not too shabby!! Thoughts??

Ricochet

Guys, I'm think I should go ahead and enter both of these birds, and if I'm fortunate enough to get another with bonus points we could possibly use it as the wild card bird. But at least we'll get these two in the contest and accounted for...brings us up to 11 birds w/ Hoppie's. Not too shabby!! Thoughts??
Looks good to me - I say enter them. :cheers:

Ricochet

I'm going to give it another try tomorrow before heading back home to SC.
Well, I did call in a Tom (as mentioned above - no Jakes this time) this morning to have him stop at the last minute! He was coming in on a rope and something spooked him - I guess it was the big gust of wind. Of course, that was the first gust of wind all morning and he gobbled 2-3 times going away (back the way he came in). I thought for sure I had him - I couldn't believe it! :huh:

hoppie

I went ahead and entered my bird guys. I have thoroughly enjoyed teaming up with you guys.

peanutman04

RATTLESNAKE WRANGLER
got on several birds yesterday am but they were being hard headed and wouldn't commit. gobbled good considering the weather. i say enter them rw and congrats!

Ricochet

I went ahead and entered my bird guys. I have thoroughly enjoyed teaming up with you guys.
Ditto! :cheers:

got on several birds yesterday am but they were being hard headed and wouldn't commit. gobbled good considering the weather. i say enter them rw and congrats!

Yeah, they were fired up a little yesterday and didn't fully commit. I'm going to head back to GA the last 2 weekends of the season and try again for my GA bird. :)

Last edited:

stringmusic

Had six different birds gobbling Saturday morning, none of them wanted to do anything, three or four of them had hens with them. I just can't catch a break this season. I have have 9 good birds in front of me at different times in the 50 to 70 yard range, I just can't close the deal. 10 more steps on a really good bird last saturday that was hot as a fire cracker and he would have been dead, he came in looked my lone hen decoy over and went back to where he came:huh::banginghe

Congrats to all of you fellas slayin'em.:cool:

peanutman04

RATTLESNAKE WRANGLER
dang rw! i see you get up pretty early in the am don't you. do you have to travel very far?

ryanwhit

The alarm went off at 4 that morning...

ryanwhit

Alright guys, i'm going to put these 2 birds in.

Ricochet

I'm hoping to bag a monster here in SC this weekend or in GA the following 2 weekends. I'm going to burn up a lot of fuel for them GA birds! :crazy: :D