Tech recruiting going well

Jody Hawk

Chan and Co. are putting together their best class yet. Yesterday they got a verbal commit from 4 star RB Roddy Jones. There are quite a few high ranked players who are high on Tech. We need to land a good WR cause Calvin is probably gone after this year. Glad to see the staff recruiting the state a little harder, they've lacked there the past few years. As we know, verbals are non-binding until the signature is inked. :huh:

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=140&p=9&c=8&yr=2007

ramblinrack

recruiting is indeed going VERY WELL jody! i still have high hopes that we can land ,nesbitt, donley, everson,white and logan walls...i don't put much stock in *'s...but i do in offers...and a LOT of big time powers have offered these kids. giff smith from ga so ?, i think...deserves a lot of credit. things are lookin
up on the flats...a mo and 1/2 till nd..bring em' on...i'll be there!

Jody Hawk

Louie,
Logan Walls is #1 on my list. The #25 rated player in the state and he's been compared to David Pollack and also has an offer from UGA. That Donley kid looks impressive but he is in Dawg Country (Folkston, Ga.) and has an offer from UGA. He seems to be high on Tech though, so we'll see. He's been compared to Calvin Johnson. This is definitely going to be Chans best class. Good to see us recruiting the state a little better this year. :clap:

howboutthemdawgs

You guys have done alright so far. I wouldn't get too excited just yet. Roddy Jones went to camp at UGA last weekend and was hoping to get an offer but didn't so what does that tell you. Logan Walls is decent but he is talking about doing a mission trip after high school so it would be a couple years before he has an opportunity to contribute. You very well may land Nesbitt which would be nice but if he insists on staying at quarterback it could be a waste of a great talent, Georgia is recruiting him as an athlete and the coaching staff has been pretty good at evalauting quarterback talent the last couple years. Thats all I have to say for now because it is still early. I would say good luck but I honestly I wish ya'll the worst:D

Double D

Going well . . .

Would love to see us land the Nick Claytor from Gainesville!!
That kid is a beast!!

I too like the in-state focus Tech seems to be taking :clap:

Jody Hawk

howboutthemdawgs said:
Roddy Jones went to camp at UGA last weekend and was hoping to get an offer but didn't so what does that tell you.

That doesn't tell me didley squat. That just tells me that UGA was loaded at RB and was looking elsewhere. Is a kid's talent determined by weather he was offered by UGA or not? There's numerous Tech stars that weren't offered by UGA that could have started there. Kelly Campbell, Joe Hamilton and Keith Brooking are a few that come to mind. Jim Donnan chose not to give Luke Manget a scolly, he went on to be a great kicker for Tech.:huh:

Last edited:

Buzz

No Jody the yardstick by which all college football talent is measured is whether or not UGA gives them an offer. ;)

ramblinrack

willie white committed last night to GT!
http://georgiatech.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=561674

HE HAD OFFERS FROM TENN, VT, SC AND FSU.
but NOT from the dawgs...he can't possibly be any good.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

howboutthemdawgs (god, i hate to type your handle)
uga not offering jones tells me one thing...yall are committed to caleb king and his impending enrollment at hargrave.

:D :D :D

howboutthemdawgs

Did you just bring up Luke Manget? I am not even going to honor that with a response.

As for Roddy Jones we are looking for a running back. He came to camp looking for an offer, was not given one and as backup plan committed to Tech. We may have some depth at running back but that means we will only offer the best and only the best will consider coming.

Nick Claytor looks like a decent player but he also has not been offered by UGA. He has made it pretty clear in the past that he wanted to come to Georgia. Claytor had an opportunity last week to come to camp and show out and get his offer to his dream school but instead he choose not to come saying he shouldn't have to go to a camp to get an offer when all these other schools have offered. Gotta love that attitiude.

ramblinrack

howboutthemdawgs said:
Nick Claytor looks like a decent player but he also has not been offered by UGA. He has made it pretty clear in the past that he wanted to come to Georgia.

i've never read anything that said he had the least interest in yall? he has been offered by, au, lsu, fsu, ohio st and GT...but then again, w/o an offer from uga...he must not be too good.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

you people never cease to amaze me...

:p

Bow Only

Claytor's top three are Auburn, GT, and Ohio State. He has never wanted to go to UGA and the reason UGA hasn't offered is because he's a huge Auburn lean and UGA offered Greenlee and Little, not to mention all of the other linemen they got last year and this year. For recruiting info, you can ask me.
FWIW, Tech has a good shot at Dwyer and Claytor did have a great visit last weekend. But Claytor and Wood want to go to the same school, and only Auburn has offered both.

ramblinrack

just read that on the hive jody!!! and dare i say....

HE WAS OFFERED BY THE DAWGS???

:confused: :rofl: :p

can't wait to hear the spin on this!

:bounce:

Arrow3

Congrats to the BUZZards....:rofl:

howboutthemdawgs

No spin on Logan Walls, might become a good player, but like I said earlier he is mormon and will likely take a mission trip so who knows what happens after that.

Bow only if you don't think Claytor had wanted to go to UGA then you haven't been following his recruiting very closely. He has stated several times he was waiting for a Georgia offer but one hasn't come and after his decision not to camp at Georgia one is likely not to come. We can compare players in the league and see which coaching staff has done a better job evaluating and coaching talent.

Don't get me wrong ya'll are doing well so far. It is still early and until feb anything can happen. Well see what happens after you pull another 7-4 season an appearance in the Emerald Nut Bowl and lay down against a perrenial Mountain West opponent.

ejm

So, from a immediate impact standpoint, what is the difference between Walls going on a mission for a year or two and the four or five kids y'all will have to send to Hargrave. Think I'll stick with mormon, atleast at some point he'll be in our school.
Also, if evaluation and acquistion of talent is such a big factor, why was Reggie Ball Uga's MVP of the last two games. As much talent as Georgia has brought in and made sit behind the next big thing, why should Tech ever be close. But, it's a good game almost every year. Something to think about when you praise your great coaching staff.
P.S. How many National Titles have y'all won since 1990 with all that talent and top three classes:). Come on football season, Go Jackets!

MCG DAWG

Banned
EJM

In the last 15 years we're 12-3 vs the Jackets . . .and that's only because the NCAA decided you didn't have to forfeit the three wins even though you played inelligible players.

As for recruiting, Tech is doing better than they usually do. I have no problem admitting that. They're in on a lot of in-state kids they usually wouldn't be in on. Of course I'll qualify that by saying that with their recent recruiting classes they've had nowhere to go but UP. :whip:

:D