The Big Bang, not a single point in time.

ambush80

One thing science has in common with religion. It is controlled by egos. I'd love to see science tagged with "Proven until further notice". Even with all its errors, I'll take it over fairy tales all week and twice on Sunday.

That's the assumption by all in the scientific field. Most of their time is spent trying to disprove accepted findings. They understand the fallibility of the entire enterprise.

red neck richie

The odds of a big bang theory are improbable. Not buying it. I use to believe in coincidence but have found that everything that has happened that I have witnessed the odds of coincidence are not probable. The only thing that makes sense is a higher power. Ribozymes That happened to form by an explosion. I'm not buying it.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
The odds of a big bang theory are improbable. Not buying it. I use to believe in coincidence but have found that everything that has happened that I have witnessed the odds of coincidence are not probable. The only thing that makes sense is a higher power. Ribozymes That happened to form by an explosion. I'm not buying it.
You are not buying it because it goes against everything that you believe in so you dismiss it an hope it goes away.
Calculate the odds of a god existing and then break it down so you can show us in detail how you come with the odds

660griz

The odds of a big bang theory are improbable. Not buying it.

Of course you don't buy it. We wouldn't have all these thousands of gods through out history if humans could just not know something instead of making up gods for all the things they don't understand.

ambush80

Let's talk about the Big Bang. What do you know about it? By that I mean, what do you think those scientists think happened; in your own words?

red neck richie

Let's talk about the Big Bang. What do you know about it? By that I mean, what do you think those scientists think happened; in your own words?

It depends on which scientists theory you read. They seem to vary. In my own words what's your point? Let me guess your gonna try to prove how little I know about the theory and how your superior knowledge of a theory should hold a higher believability. Because some scientists said it was so you believe the scientists. I will believe God. You do know an ambush shouldn't be that obvious.

WaltL1

The only thing that makes sense is a higher power
Your beliefs are a long way from just believing in a "higher power".
Its interesting that you reject the Big Bang because of the odds.
Yet you accept "God" and don't have any clue what the odds are for that. And not just any God. A very specific God out all of them. What exactly are the odds?

Come on just admit it. One story makes you feel better than the other and it doesn't really have squat to do with odds.

red neck richie

Yet you accept "God" and don't have any clue what the odds are for that. And not just any God. A very specific God out all of them. What exactly are the odds?

Come on just admit it. One story makes you feel better than the other and it doesn't really have squat to do with odds.
Brother Walter I told you it has more to do with my personal life experiences. I have felt and experienced and witnessed the Holy Spirit. No doubt in my mind, you and science try to figure out why millions of people are lying. The odds of all that is happening by coincidence I don't buy. P.S. I went fishing on Lanier this past weekend the spots are starting to move up. The lake is way down and I busted my winch getting the boat out. I have a new one on order. I would still love to get together and fish sometime. Maybe we could talk about how an explosion created gills to breath underwater.

WaltL1

Brother Walter I told you it has more to do with my personal life experiences. I have felt and experienced and witnessed the Holy Spirit. No doubt in my mind, you and science try to figure out why millions of people are lying. The odds of all that is happening by coincidence I don't buy. P.S. I went fishing on Lanier this past weekend the spots are starting to move up. The lake is way down and I busted my winch getting the boat out. I have a new one on order. I would still love to get together and fish sometime. Maybe we could talk about how an explosion created gills to breath underwater.
Breathing underwater doesn't require gills.
Just some science :D

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
do a little studying on mitochondrial dna and get back with us on how long mankind has been on this earth

WaltL1

That is true but I was talking about creation. Breathing oxygen through organic tissue. Not man made breathing apparatus. Why not just get in a submarine?
No thanks. I get claustrophobia just thinking about it.

Speaking of creation and breathing underwater -
Its interesting that according to some beliefs "the world was created for us".
Yet +/- 70% of it is covered in water.
That we can't breath.
Kind of missed the target audience there.

By the way, I don't discuss religion or politics while I'm fishing. I think it was Griz who said "don't harsh the buzz" or something to that effect.

ambush80

It depends on which scientists theory you read. They seem to vary. In my own words what's your point? Let me guess your gonna try to prove how little I know about the theory and how your superior knowledge of a theory should hold a higher believability. Because some scientists said it was so you believe the scientists. I will believe God. You do know an ambush shouldn't be that obvious.

I'm sure you know very little about it, so do I in the technical sense. If you're an astrophysicist my apologies. I'm just curious to know how you interpret what the science is saying.

Israel

BANNED
One thing science has in common with religion. It is controlled by egos. I'd love to see science tagged with "Proven until further notice". Even with all its errors, I'll take it over fairy tales all week and twice on Sunday.
You mean like the struggle amongst the right, the right-er and the rightest?

It would seem there is no invitation but to that hill upon which is played "king of..."

Israel

BANNED

I'll agree to that...if we are willing to explore "feel".

WaltL1

I'll agree to that...if we are willing to explore "feel".
I think "feel" would be anything that falls outside the strictly mathematical process of calculating the odds.

ambush80

I think "feel" would be anything that falls outside the strictly mathematical process of calculating the odds.

That's right. But it could be useful to explore, nonetheless. Perhaps it will reveal something about truth.

atlashunter

Do you know how they calculated the time of the Big Bang?

Would you like me to tell you?

They counted back from the generations of Adam's through Noah's and Abraham's descendants, adjusting for lifespans of individuals who lived to 800-1000 years old as recorded in the Bible (plus the six days it took to make the Earth).

That's some math right there, Y'all.

:rofl:

Israel

BANNED
That's right. But it could be useful to explore, nonetheless. Perhaps it will reveal something about truth.

Maybe because we commonly take "feel" as an emotional response, we'd also probably agree to its more basic application in the tactile of the material, no?
Do a warm set of flannel sheets in winter "feel" better for sleeping than a slab of steel?
But what if we use feel in its broadest application to sense things?
We might even have some agreement as to the influence of the former upon the latter, and vice versa.
I'm hiking and see a bear with cubs approaching and I may feel fear.
Likewise, I was once bitten by a dog, and so now, even when I see a leashed dog...I sense an uneasiness about myself, I may even tell myself it's irrational..."it's a puppy, it's leashed, it's going the other way, half way down the block...but..."

(Now, we could add a myriad of additional things to complicate "I'm hiking with a Grizz's 45-70 and I have been waiting for this all day, and I don't care at all about leaving some cubs motherless..." And so now I feel hope and anticipation of a trophy.)

Which now, if introduced makes the whole matter quite different "in observation". I think this may be close to what we do with one another, introducing "but what if's".

But I am at fundament now, at least to myself, a sensing device. I can't deny it. If you will, even, a "feeling device" in that broad application. I can't deny emotional responses, nor physical, light upon cones and rods, or compressions of air upon a tympanum transferred via structures to a wire to my brain. And if I awake with a sudden pain across my chest in the night, I may be at a loss to this sensation...is it merely my straining at having lifted heavy boards that day in building the new porch...or...is it something else?

I only know there is a feeling of pain, but what to "make of it", and here is where the sticky wicket is introduced...why do I even "feel" I need to make anything of it, at all? I can't deny there is a sense of compulsion to know, a feeling of need to know. And those abdominal pains...is it gas, or something we would call more sinister? A loud long CensoredCensoredCensoredCensored ensues, pains subsides...and I now take comfort at being lactose intolerant with yet a weakness toward eating three slices of cheese laden pizza at 9pm.

The really smart could say "wait! having gas does not exclude the possibility of..." But for me, replicating or intensifying my chest pain by stretching may tell me something, and a CensoredCensoredCensoredCensored may allow me to drift peacefully back off to sleep. Others may require different evidence of how they "feel" about things "I'm running for a stress test in the morning" or a CT of my abdomen".

But...is it not a sense we have (a feeling) when speaking about what we may all call "truth", all of what suffices to any particular individual must be off the table, experiences, personal knowledge, even of oneself...it must therefore, in that "sense" to a something that recognizes that sense...be able to stand alone, universal?

Latest posts