The Hunting Public

kingfish

Cut the cable strings over a year ago and not looking back. Although I'm now twice the age of most of the THP cast, I really relate to them and love the youthful exuberance. Love Catman Outdoors too, his flathead fishing as much as his hunting. Those guys really are the real deal. The thing I hate the most is going to look at a hunting video that shows 20 minutes long and it's 19 minutes of someones ugly mug and then a 1 minute pan shot of what it looks like from their stand. I'll have to check out some of the other channels suggested here. Always looking for other good content. I'd love to see a GON channel on just scouting/hunting the different WMA's all over the state. I'd definitely subscribe to that and I hunt in Florida !!!

rugerfan

What I tend to like about the hunting public and the The Beast is that they show both success and failure. It makes it that much more relatable to the average hunter.

There are some big bucks on Public Land, you just have to work to find them, then work to get them.

Then, when you do get them down, it usually takes work to get them out.

Shipwrecked

Death by Bunjie is also a great one on You Tube. The guy hunts crossbow only and is proud of everything he harvests. Lots of helpful crossbow video too. He nspired me to try it and I have been out a few times but have not taken a shot yet. Now that I have ample meat heading to the freezer via rifle and muzzleloader, I am going to give it another go in the next few weeks with the crossbow.

burkecountydeer

Its crazy now a days when you can watch these videos and learn so much in a short amount of time . it would take some one years to learn what you could learn in a day watching these hunting videos . Dan infalt on the hunting beast is really good to watch and he is the one that really started the buck bed hunting and that's where thp got a lot of their tactics from .

Ace1313

I was just speaking of these guys with the fellas I hunt with. I enjoy the way they explain the good and bad of their hunts. Perhaps the only thing differently that they do than I would is the way the are super aggressive. I have never hunted public land so I am guessing you need to be when the chance of someone else walking in there and hunting after you is a distinct possibility.

rugerfan

I was just speaking of these guys with the fellas I hunt with. I enjoy the way they explain the good and bad of their hunts. Perhaps the only thing differently that they do than I would is the way the are super aggressive. I have never hunted public land so I am guessing you need to be when the chance of someone else walking in there and hunting after you is a distinct possibility.

Public land is my primary source of hunting, and yes sometimes being aggressive is a must, sometimes it just blows up in your face, but these guys hunt a lot and a lot of different states. Their confidence level is really built up, and they seem to know what they are doing.

mtcur

I binge watched there shows after the start of this thread. Great show and I learned a lot. One thing I noticed is how good the public land hunting is up north or how poor the public hunting is in north east Ga. I'm not sure which it is.

tree cutter 08

I binge watched there shows after the start of this thread. Great show and I learned a lot. One thing I noticed is how good the public land hunting is up north or how poor the public hunting is in north east Ga. I'm not sure which it is.
I've only been up North of here a couple of time to hunt public land. I see more deer and good bucks in a couple of days there than a whole season here in the mountains.

hunter rich

I listen to The Meateater pod cast and he had a guy on there that is from my home area (SW NY) so i started following him (Jake Bush Solo) on FB and Instagram. He mentioned THP and i started listening to their podcast and then started watching their Youtube stuff. awesome ethical bunch of guys. I recommend them to all my hunting buddies.

:cheers:

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
The latest THP video has to be the most amazing hunt I've ever seen. Absolutely incredible!

That footage was unreal. They’ve killed some monsters with bows on the ground this year.

huntersluck

I got rid of cable a long time ago and dont miss it at all . I watch THP , Catman, The Untamed, Creek Fishing Adventures, DIY sportsman, there are lots of them out there.

treadwell

Guess I'm a tad jealous and greedy!! lol, between these guys spotlighting how good public land can be, and outfitters pushing the "local boys" off the private land they have hunted for so long, public land in the midwest is really starting to get crowded. I've hunted the midwest for about 15 yrs and have seen a HUGE change. Guess all good things come to an end. Hunt safe......

huntersluck

As long as GA keeps having 3 months of modern rifle season with 2 of those being either sex and really no antler restrictions to speak of people will continue to not be interested in hunting ga as much

Latest posts