The Keystone of Christianity..Why We Lost the War

God's law, there is only ten of them and I don't know any that the government's law contradicts. There is the one about killing which we love when it comes to abortion, but as of late trying to change to murder when it comes to our precious guns and what we might do with them.

As far as China goes there are very very few Christians to worry about the abortion thing, and historically Christianity has been such a miserably violent experience for China they are most likely doing all they can to keep it out.

"King?" Which of God's laws did he use? What he did with civil disobedience was to make the government enforce the laws that were already written in the Constitution.

Who is going to agree on what Government Laws are in acceptance with God's laws? Who is going agree when that line is crossed? The government - they don't care about any law other than their own - the Christians? Man I would like to see the Christians agree on anything. They have still been fighting like animals on basic doctrines for the past 2000 years much less try to figure out which of man's laws are acceptable in God's laws, and again, their are only ten of those.

We do as Jesus says, we follow man's laws physically, and follow God's laws spiritually.

China has more Christians than America. So does Africa. Both are now sending missionaries HERE! Also it doesn't matter the number of Christians. It only matters about the law. Plenty of Christians agree on the line being crossed. And even that is not important. More than half the country was AGAINST the civil rights movement. So by your reasoning we should never have listened to Dr. King.

God's laws are also far more than 10. Read Leviticus. And in fact we cannot even keep the 10.

And thou shalt not kill is mistranslated. Thou shall not MURDER is what is says. Otherwise God contradicted himself when he commanded the Jews to wipe out all of the "ites" in the promised land. And God does not Contradict himself...

Banjo

I would have to look it up to get the exact number, but my understanding is that there are only seven hundred and something laws in the Pentateuch....

Compare that to the number of laws we have on the books today...We are legislating ourselves to death...and we think we are free???

gtparts

Where do you get this from? His mercy is extended that more might be saved, not that the tide will be turned against the wicked of this world.

And where do you get this from? "We lack the will and God is not pouring out His power to fully oppose the secular agenda which will bring history to its ultimate conclusion"

The author says exactly the opposite as you do. "The sound doctrines brought to the New World by the Puritans and Pilgrims were quickly eradicated by the Enlightenment that swept over Europe and infected our leaders. Christianity began to center its attention on the creature and ignore the intentions of the Creator. Conversion eclipsed obedience and the commandments of The One True God were dissolved in a sea of pietism."

When I :stir:, I :stir::stir:

Without getting into issues of rapture and XXX-millenialism, it is clear from Scripture that things are going to get a whole lot worse before Christ returns. My reading indicates that Christ tarries for the sake of giving the lost of this world an opportunity to confess, repent, and make the profession of faith in Him as their personal Lord and Savior. Until He returns, Christians will be the recipients of brutal and lethal persecution (many already are). Even with the commitment of Christians and being on God's side is not going to slow the descent of mankind. At God's bidding, Christ will return and will bring time to a close. And the eschatological prophesies of Daniel, Ezekiel, and John will be fulfilled.

Within God's perfect and permissive will, the world, as we know it, is somewhere on the rim of the toilet bowl, about to take the Last Big Swirly. May not be in our mortal lifespan, but the Bible gives us the big picture on End Times, though no date is revealed.

Now, maybe I misunderstood Cronkrite's article, but He does not paint a very pretty picture of men truly coming to Christ with any understanding as they turn to centering their "attention on the creature and ignore the intentions of the Creator. Conversion eclipsed obedience and the commandments of The One True God were dissolved in a sea of pietism."

I see this as a grim, but accurate view of where the church is headed. The ratio of tares to wheat is staggering. We still have a remnant of sold-out to Christ, born-again Christians, but they seem to be outnumbered by the pseudo-Christians who take the name of Christ, but not the path or cross.

If you see it differently, so be it.

Peace.

Banjo

O ye of little faith....

Do you not believe that where sin abounds, grace abounds more. We don't serve a defeated Savior, but a risen and victorious one.

Do you not see the world is better than it was, say 500 years ago. Look at technology; look at the medical advancements. Is the gospel now able to permeate throughout all societies...

This is God's World...He owns it, governs it, and causes all things to come to pass for His glory.

He has declared that the meek shall inherit it...and commanded us to pray that His will be done both in heaven as well as ON EARTH.

You guys are depressing...::ke:::ke: :bounce:

I think I am going to ask my husband to build a bomb shelter after he finishes our kitchen....

gtparts

O ye of little faith....

Do you not believe that where sin abounds, grace abounds more. We don't serve a defeated Savior, but a risen and victorious one.

Do you not see the world is better than it was, say 500 years ago. Look at technology; look at the medical advancements. Is the gospel now able to permeate throughout all societies...

This is God's World...He owns it, governs it, and causes all things to come to pass for His glory.

He has declared that the meek shall inherit it...and commanded us to pray that His will be done both in heaven as well as ON EARTH.

You guys are depressing...::ke:::ke: :bounce:

I think I am going to ask my husband to build a bomb shelter after he finishes our kitchen....

Sorry you find the scenario depressing. I do not! It is not my scenario, but the scenario that the Bible portrays.

In spiritual terms, the Holy Spirit opposes the Prince of the Air in this temporal world and restrains him from completing his purpose, to destroy the eternal souls of men. It is not for the Holy Spirit to conquer Satan, but to gather each one who would receive Jesus as Lord and Savior.

As surely as God, in His permissive will allowed Satan to torture and tempt Job, Satan sifts all men. Satan will not be put away until Jesus returns. It is the period of time before Christ's returns that will see such terrible things come to pass. In those days, the grace you speak of will preserve, feed and nourish the souls of the saints here on earth, and in that, I rejoice.

IMHO, the most difficult issue for the saint is to feel the urgency of bringing one more to Christ and , at the same time, desiring Christ's appearing.

Peace.

gordon 2

GTparts. These words. "In those days, the grace you speak of will preserve, feed and nourish the souls of the saints here on earth, and in that, I rejoice."

That is happening today to the saints as you speak.

I had understood that you disagreed with this " Christianity began to center its attention on the creature and ignore the intentions of the Creator. Conversion eclipsed obedience and the commandments of The One True God were dissolved in a sea of pietism." because of your comment," His mercy is extended that more might be saved, not that the tide will be turned against the wicked of this world." which I believe is what the author was argueing against.

My undertanding of him is that, in other words, all the efforts put om getting and being saved is just a form of pietism as it holds in many cases not a intimate knowledge of the way of God. In other words there are a whole lot of pious saved folk who have no clue on how to turn the tide of wickedness because they know not the commandments of the Good News and to them cannot be obedient!

My undertanding of scripture concerning the defeat of Satan is that as you believe Satan is defeated with the return of Jesus, but only that this return is made in his deciples, not! in a distant future, rather by the deciples who love him. Being a deciple of Christ, Satan is seen for what he is, for what he was, Satan was Job himself, you and me, before we answered the call of God, got to know him, his peace and got to do according to his commandments regards grace. This is what I read and understand by the very beginning of Job! Job is the tester. He is the devil himself, Job's pride, takes on Job God's servant.

I could quote a bit of scripture to back myself up, but I have not the time now, however I will offer u this refection. Paul! Paul before his conversion and Paul after his Demascus experience! Paul the apostle, was a very pious man before Christ made him blind and gave him new site. Paul! Paul the christian killer, the torture, the pious, religious, commandment spitting Paul. Paul! Paul! Paul was a piece of excrement before knowing Jesus, He did Satan's bidding in the name of all that was pious, in the names of every good commandment that levi could have pointed out to any common sense individual. Paul! Paul! Paul was donkey poo before He did as Jesus called him to "DO". And it is this doing that a lot of saved folks do not "DO"! Instead they wip chistians, they wip muslums, they wip hindus and jews. Pauls! Pauls! Which Paul are you?

I think Jesus said his coming back would not be there or here, as he being reported in Portland Maine, or Omaha last week. Instead it is my understanding, and I might be wrong- I admit this-that the rapture is when you will hold on for dear life on his spiritual coat, and all the heavens will open up to you, you will be with the heavenly hosts. And then you will be saved, and where you though Satan before you will say, "forgive them father for they know not what they do" and your prayer will be for man who in error thought Satan other than himself before the living God he knew.

Peace bros. as in unwar.

Last edited: