The one time I didn't carry.............

oppthepop

Without a lot of detail, I will say that I almost got into a very tense situation yesterday, and it was one of the RARE evenings that I didn't have my CC friend with me. Initially, my confidence was high and I almost pushed it, but then realized I was not armed. I won't go in to details, but I will say to all CC legal friends, if you are going to carry, CARRY and don't leave yours and your family's protection, at home in the gun safe....and pray to God you never have to use it.

krizia829

Without a lot of detail, I will say that I almost got into a very tense situation yesterday, and it was one of the RARE evenings that I didn't have my CC friend with me. Initially, my confidence was high and I almost pushed it, but then realized I was not armed. I won't go in to details, but I will say to all CC legal friends, if you are going to carry, CARRY and don't leave yours and your family's protection, at home in the gun safe....and pray to God you never have to use it.

This is very true!! Same thing happened to me about 4 years ago in our lease. I was checking trail cams with my husband and a friend of his and the one time I decided I didn't feel like carrying my M&P Shield, I almost would've needed it with a group of trespassers we came across! Thankfully they hauled butt the opposite way and almost flipped their truck in a ditch. Guys never got caught but I'm glad we didn't get close enough to where we may have had to get it out. Never making that mistake again, especially now with 2 kids!

Dub

Glad you are okay and here to give us an important reminder.

Awareness up. Calm. Observant. Friendly when appropriate.......but have the ability to stop any threat that is imposed on you.

Ten years ago I was still confident in the ability to end most threats hand-to-hand.

The hangovers from disc surgery put a damper on such confidence. Concealed carry weapon is as much a part of my EDC as wallet & keys.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
I don`t care where I am, if you see me, I`ll have two pistols and at least two knives on me. Probably three.

No, I`m not paranoid Why should I be? I`m armed like The Wrath Of Abraham.

Semi-Pro

Full-Pro
Imo this is a problem

Robert28

Word to the wise, this is a bad time of year for panhandlers and strangers approaching you out of nowhere. Especially in parking lots and other sketchy places. My p365 is on my side wherever I go. And I mean WHEREVER I go.....make of that what you will.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
From '90 to the turn of the century I was constantly armed, professionally.

From '00-'17 there was always something "close by" or "in the truck".

In '18 I realized I am getting old, probably don't have the squabblin' skills I used to have and should admit it, and go heeled.

I guess I look like the guy you don't approach, because beggars, yo boys, dopers, peddlers and streetwalkers ALL avoid me like the plague on the street. In the rare case of an approach, a crazy-eyed stare usually works to send them away.

I don't bother nobody, and never have had an issue outside of when I was The Law.

This got me to thinking that IF anyone does decide to try me, there will probably be more than one, and that puts me squarely into needing a gun, immediately.

There is also a good chance that my wife, and maybe one or both of my grandboys will be with me.

In that case, there is zero room for discussion as to what I will do if threatened.

Always armed...period.

lonewolf247

I guess I'm the odd man out. I used to carry in my truck, years ago, when things weren't so bad, but I quit doing so, once I had kids riding with me. Time has past, and kids are grown, and I just never really felt the need, until recently.

I live in a small town, and quiet community, however I have considered maybe doing a CC in the future. Better safe than sorry, just in case.

I really am not worried so much about myself, but protecting my love ones. I put faith over fear, and don't look for trouble. Never had an issue.

mattuga

Banned
What is yalls favorite small carry weapon with substantial safety? My 9mm has one in the chamber at all time but I have a safety switch which is important to me but maybe an inhibitor to other gun owners. I don't need a "trigger is my safety" for a tiny gun. Sorry if this disrupts the OP, just trying to make more dialogue relevant for those of us who need to carry more often like me. I have just started doing more carry with my 9mm but with a 3 yo and 2 month old things have to be considered on all levels.

I need a lot more learning to carry on the regular, carry and accessible are 2 different things. I am currently more of an accessible gun guy and I know that has major limitations.

I ask anyone to share their story knowing the OP stopped where he did.

Dub

What is yalls favorite small carry weapon with substantial safety? My 9mm has one in the chamber at all time but I have a safety switch which is important to me but maybe an inhibitor to other gun owners. I don't need a "trigger is my safety" for a tiny gun. Sorry if this disrupts the OP, just trying to make more dialogue relevant for those of us who need to carry more often like me. I have just started doing more carry with my 9mm but with a 3 yo and 2 month old things have to be considered on all levels.

I need a lot more learning to carry on the regular, carry and accessible are 2 different things. I am currently more of an accessible gun guy and I know that has major limitations.

I ask anyone to share their story knowing the OP stopped where he did.

I carry 1911’s....generally IWB holsters.

Thumb safety isn’t disengaged until the sights are on target.

Remains on throughout the draw & presentation.

Alloy framed .45 cco, commanders, government sized or high-cap hybrids like the excellent WC EDC X9 are all carry guns.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I carry 1911’s....generally IWB holsters.

Thumb safety isn’t disengaged until the sights are on target.

Remains on throughout the draw & presentation.

Alloy framed .45 cco, commanders, government sized or high-cap hybrids like the excellent WC EDC X9 are all carry guns.

good info carry weapon. I use to carry a Commander all the time, but since I am now dressed in business causal all the time, a Commander doesn't blend in nicely except during the winter when jackets and coats help. So, in the spring/summer/fall I carry a S&W Bodyguard with defense loads. It is in my pocket all the time. And back in my vehicle, there will be either a 9mm Glock with defense loads and 3 full mags, or a 1911 commander size (either a Kimber or a Colt) .45acp. Which one just depends on what I feel like putting in the truck that morning.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
A 1911 in 45 ACP made a difference in my life. Five against one in a parking garage makes for a tense situation. Just showing the 45 made the difference. On seeing the 45 the young men ran like rabbits.

My first experience with the effects of showing a .45 was over 37 years ago. There were 4 young punks who thought I needed to be taught a lesson about testifying against them in court.

It is amazing how many different directions 4 guys can run when a 1911 .45ACP comes into the picture. Later on, my ex SIL told me one of the guys asked her why I carried a gun all the time. She told them it was to rid the world of vermin.

280 Man

Banned
I was in wally world last week when one of their associates, by happenstance noticed, I think, my firearm on my side. She never saw the firearm, it was completely covered.

I think she was following me afterwards because I noticed she was in a couple of the areas I went afterwards. Kinda walking around covertly acting like she was straightening shelves.

I came close to asking her was she following me, but I held off.

Said all of that to say this, I love my 45 but they are difficult for deep concealment, especially when its warmer weather.

Latest posts