Thermal Drones for Deer Recovery are here.

Just wanted to let everyone know that if you need help locating a deer using a thermal drone, let me know. I’d be happy to help. I purchased the same kit that is used by mike at drone deer recovery and am helping people out all over. I am listed as a pilot on the dronedeerrecovery.com website - Name is Josh Warren. Local to the woodstock north ga area but will travel. YOu can also reach me at techdrivenrecovery@gmail.com or my cell at 470-680-9709. I can help on most any private land but public land is out of the question due to laws and Regs with the FAA. Let me know if you have any questions.

johnpoulan83

Missed The Vote
Good deal, me and another buddy went in and bought one together earlier this year, man they are awesome and worth every penny. We bought a autel evo ii, what did you get?

Toliver

What signal do they require for the controller to talk to the unit? I know little to nothing about drone operations. My wife got a small one with a camera just so she could fly it over our property and check it out from above but I guess it uses cell signal? So she said she can't fly it since service is so poor out there. She's afraid she'll lose the drone when it can't communicate with the controller.

godogs57

Watched one work Thanksgiving evening. Nothing short of a miracle. My opinion, after seeing it work, was this will make tracking dogs obsolete. We observed deer from 250’ up that had zero idea they were being watched. Zoom up on them with the camera and it was like you were 6’ away from them. We watched a jam up buck that had never been seen on the property for 30 minutes. He’d bed down, get up move around, plop down again…watched does in my food plots, coons, armadillos, ducks. This beats the fire out of a dog and its handler tromping through the woods all night buggering up everything! The drone can obviously cover more territory in ten minutes than a dog can all night long. Plus you don’t have to feed a drone all year long, vet bills, etc. Drone recovery is a game changer for deer hunters.

The guy that I saw working the drone that night said his unit cost 20 grand. Wow.

175rltw

BANNED
Watched one work Thanksgiving evening. Nothing short of a miracle. My opinion, after seeing it work, was this will make tracking dogs obsolete. We observed deer from 250’ up that had zero idea they were being watched. Zoom up on them with the camera and it was like you were 6’ away from them. We watched a jam up buck that had never been seen on the property for 30 minutes. He’d bed down, get up move around, plop down again…watched does in my food plots, coons, armadillos, ducks. This beats the fire out of a dog and its handler tromping through the woods all night buggering up everything! The drone can obviously cover more territory in ten minutes than a dog can all night long. Plus you don’t have to feed a drone all year long, vet bills, etc. Drone recovery is a game changer for deer hunters.

The guy that I saw working the drone that night said his unit cost 20 grand. Wow.
Yeah. It’s going to be tough to make a dog obsolete. Even once this tech is allowed to be brought into play on public land I’ve seen a few recoveries where knowing the carcass location would have been little use without also being able to follow its route due to the nature of the terrain etc.

Another excellent tool for sure. But even the best pilot with the finest rig will never have the subtlety of a trailer when it comes to finding one.

TurkeyBluff

BANNED, Again
At first, I was 100% against this because I figured it could be abused and I am sure that it will be by some.

But, I feel that if it helps people recover their deer and gets them out of the woods and keeps them from killing another deer (because they couldn't find the first one) then I am on board with the idea.

sghoghunter

Yeah. It’s going to be tough to make a dog obsolete. Even once this tech is allowed to be brought into play on public land I’ve seen a few recoveries where knowing the carcass location would have been little use without also being able to follow its route due to the nature of the terrain etc.

Another excellent tool for sure. But even the best pilot with the finest rig will never have the subtlety of a trailer when it comes to finding one.

I’d like to see how well it works when the trees are full of leaves and in these thick planted pines I know my thermal don’t work well at all in thick woods

Toliver

I’d like to see how well it works when the trees are full of leaves and in these thick planted pines I know my thermal don’t work well at all in thick woods
It will be very limited. Even the big units on helicopters are limited to visibility. If there are openings and the target is visible they are wonderful tools. But you also have to figure in target identification. I've been on more than a few tracks for people and the operator will say "I have a heat source but can't positively ID". It takes boots on the ground to go see what it is. Thermal, dogs, and people in some combination will reduce the number of lost deer. Of that there is no doubt.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Facinating to me that this is even possible now

buckpasser

I’m guessing this will be awesome above the fall line.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
The ones I was watching weren't able to recover them once the drone was deployed and the deer was found. You basically just got to look at the pictures of the dead/wounded deer. I don't recall what state he was working in but the law had something to do with pursuing game with that specific technology.