Think I'll pass on bow opener

Deerhead

That’s why I started bow hunting. All of the other hunters staying home!
All of that peace and quiet and oh yah and deer!
Packed ready to go! Two more hours of work! If you want to call this work…
Just me, my climber, and my bow!

I have been waiting all year... Come on sunrise!

Good Luck!

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
If you want to hunt deer that haven't been pressured, now is the time to do it. I'll be 15 to 20 feet up a tree by 6:30am opening morning in 60 degree weather waiting on the big boy to make that fatal mistake hopefully... :D

Like they say, you can't kill'em on the couch... :D

AWirt

This is what I've been shooting my bow 6 months for. I can't wait! A buddy of mine told me he might not make it down to camp this weekend and I nearly fell out of my chair. It will be a little warm but I guess it's all part of the game. What does that Mossy Oak guy say in his commercial? "God only gave us so many sunrises and I want to see them all." Of course I don't get much of an opportunity to hunt during the week like some people can so I have to use the weekends as much as possible.

Plus I've been successful the last 2 opening days so I need to keep that streak alive. Good luck all...

Adam

beginnersluck

I don't complain when its freezing cold. Hot or cold...I'll be there. :)

HuntinMan

I will hunting them. Hope ot get one early so I can get home before it gets to hot..... but if not I will be there all day. :clap:

Al33

I DO NOT like the early season, but,...........

I'll be ther (Lord willin') in the morning. Doubt I will hunt the PM. One thing is for sure; I ain't gonna kill one in my back yard. :p

Even if I don't see one to shoot, I know in advance I will learn something to better prepare me for the next hunt.

Good luck to all that go and for those who do not, hope you have a great day as well.

Al

Guy

Ya gotta go! It's opening day for pete sake! It's like Christmas morning.

Besides, it won't be that hot in the morning. Ya see, I don't have a wallhanger yet. I need to get in their. Besides my birthday is sunday and I'm bringing the family down to camp. I'm gonna take my little boy in a two man Sat. evening so he can see what daddy does.

He already helped planting some food plots this year. Can't wait. Leaving work by 2:30! :eek:ut:

Hoss

Going to miss it.

I have tossed the idea around for some time, but the decision was made when the in-laws showed up today from Florida. They decided after the last hurricane they had enough and got out of Dodge.

Hoss

HMwolfpup

Jeff Young said:
I plan on stickin' one while it's in the 60's Saturday morning, carrying her fat little rear to Dreamland, stoppin' by holcomb's on the way home and settin' in front of the TV watchin' the Redclay Hounds whop the tar out of them stanky ole' Birds!!!!

I love this time of year!

And I love Georgia!!!

Deja vu....I'm on the Jeff Plan...just the stops have different names

gtaff

Banned
I am missing opening day as well. Too much stuff going on here at the home front. Daughter in a beauty pagent and a rodeo to announce here in town. I am going to try and slip off next week sometime. Hopefully get to do a little more scouting. Went yesterday evenning to see what was going on and Francis took out the tree I normally sit in.
Randy hate to hear about the Tahoe. Take the wife's CAr

TENPOINT

Gone but Not Forgotten
Wish I was there.

It is 9:30 am Sat. and I'm sitting at a computer not in a tree stand
Just got power back last night in South Florida. Now we are watching Ivan!
Hope to make it next week.
Good luck to all!

Timberman

Babysitting today. I think it opened up here too but I haven't bowhunted in probably 10 years. We got a crossbow at camp in Georgia so the next time I'm down there I might go spend a little time with it, but then again I might not. It's just hard for me to get fired up this early...but, good luck to those who're out there! :clap: