This COVID has nearly killed me during the past 2 weeks and I desperately need your Prayers...

bany

Prayers up! Hope you’re turning the corner. My buddy just got over it after about a month. Stay tuff sir!

leroy

My MIL is on her 2nd week of it, now she's the type that anything she gets is 10x worse on her than anyone else lol but this seems to be kicking her rear-end, started off with bronchitis now its mostly gastro issues. She tested at home first time negative then couple days later positive and tested positive at ER but they told her she seemed to be on back end of it. Dr had gave her antibiotics, steroid, and inhaler but ER DR told her all those would make it worse and prescribed her gastro meds, crazy!!

Last edited:

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I want to THANK ALL OF YOU for your continuing thoughts and Prayers for me. This website has been wonderful to me for many years now because of so many caring members here.

The fact is that this Covid has kicked me worse than anything in my life and I don't have a clue just how I may have contracted it. I have tried to remember to wear my mask when I go shopping or in a restaurant etc. Obviously, I failed somehow as this nasty virus has dang nearly killed me....especially within the last few days.

I felt really bad early yesterday and my breathing seemed to be in real distress really quickly. Before I realized it, I was falling onto my kitchen floor and I am very thankful that I was able to unlock the outside door so someone could get inside to help me. The truth is, my cellphone in my shirt-pocket turned out to be a fantastic blessing as I fell while struggling to breathe. Luckily, I was able to call 911 which included fireman and ambulance personnel. It honestly seemed like forever but I'm sure that it was only a few minutes. Thankfully, they were able to get the door open enough to begin to work on me. Without a doubt, yesterday was the scariest day of my life as I thought that I would not survive.

Anytime that I have to have any type of healthcare treatments etc, I only use the Medical College of Georgia Hospital and Clinics as my Cardiologist and also my Primary Care Physician are both physicians at this facility. My late wife worked also had worked at this facility for 27 years before she lost her battle with heart disease. It also helps that I have volunteered for 20 years at this hospital as a "Patient and Family Centered Care" Advisor. Because of that, a large portion of these employees know me really well and they are all like family members because they are very dear to me.

Thankfully, these Emergency Room employees worked on me from early yesterday morning into the late hours of last night to get me re-hydrated and functioning again. I am so blessed to have this level of healthcare . Unfortunately, this all occurred because I was stubborn and really dehydrated again. Now we are working on eliminating this unreal amount of congestion and hopefully within the next few days, I might be able to breathe normally again.

My daughter swears that if you look up the word...."stubborn"....you will see my name and photo beside it as the definition. I'm scared that she may be right.

Back a couple of years ago, my Daughter caught this nasty virus and it came within an eyelash of killing her. She fought this virus really hard and still continues to not take any chances even today. Thankfully, her beautiful long hair has finally grown back and she has finally gotten her health back. Unfortunately, it has still left some terrible life-changing side effects for her and her husband as they don't go out and eat in any restaurants or go into grocery stores, or normal shopping either. Most everything is done online for any restaurant take-outs or deliveries and the same goes for their grocery shopping as well.

As for me, I have a hard time living that way because I am not as adept to using my cellphone to accomplish these type things.

Thank all of you so much for your thoughts and prayers for me.

Last edited:

specialk

hang in the EE!!

Tomboy Boots

Turkey Killer
Praying for you! We had it in August 2021 and it was awful... but not to the extent you are describing. We had the infusion (not sure what else to call it?) as soon as we tested positive. We also self medicated with ivermectin and mega doses of vitamins that were recommended at the time. Even though I felt horrible, no energy, no appetite, congestion, weak... the list goes on. I still had no choice but to take care of all my animals and I pushed myself every day. What normally would take me a couple of hours would take me an entire day. Thank God it didn't get any worse than it did. Please please take care of yourself. Force yourself to eat and even more so to drink plenty of fluids. Sleep elevated, perhaps in a recliner but at least with pillows to keep you elevated. I truly believe staying on my feet because I had to care for my animals was much better than if I had been lying down all day. Whatever the doctor recommends, do it. Please keep us updated.

DannyW

Prayers for you EE. I can only imagine the terror you must feel trying to get your breath.

Question...and I'm NOT trying to be judgmental...did this attack you after having any of the vaccine/booster shots?

For you it's a neither here nor there question, but for others like me, it would be helpful to know since I have had all the shots and have kind of gotten lapse to the possibility of catching Covid.

Take care.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Prayers for you EE. I can only imagine the terror you must feel trying to get your breath.

Question...and I'm NOT trying to be judgmental...did this attack you after having any vaccine/booster shots?

For you it's a neither here nor there question, but for others like me, it would be helpful to know since I have had all the shots and have kind of gotten lapse to the possibility of catching Covid.

Take care.
DannyW, I had taken the original two shots for Covid back in April and May of 2021 and was very thankful that I had not had any problems up until this latest happening. Everything seemed fine until I was forced to seek treatment on November 25th and found that I tested positive for Covid. The congestion factor wiped me out and I was given a "steriod shot" at that time. Unfortunately, things just went downhill much too fast for me.

Looking back, I honestly believe that this virus most probably came from me shopping in Walmart as there were a couple of times that I forgot to have my masks with me but went shopping anyway. Of course, I will never know for sure.

Now, one of the really odd things is that for several days, I didn't eat much of anything as I have not been able to taste much of anything. This caused me to be totally de-hydrated and ultimately sent me to the hospital as they pumped me with fluids all day long and thankfully that also helped me to breathe much better.

I was very disappointed this morning that my normal breakfast food really tasted terrible. On a whim, I decided to eat a few Lay's potato chips and drink some ice cold Coca Cola to check the taste. I was amazed that this combo tasted fantastic, so at least now, I know that my taste buds will hopefully be getting somewhat back to normal. I'm surely hoping that this upswing in taste, energy, etc will continue for the next several days so that I can get back to my daily routine of enjoying lunch with my dear lady friend 5 days a week. I will also be glad to hopefully gain back some much needed weight as I am a heck of lot lighter than I was a 2 1/2 weeks ago.

Thanks again to all of you for your Prayers and concerns for me.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
DannyW, I had taken the original two shots for Covid back in April and May of 2021 and was very thankful that I had not had any problems up until this latest happening. Everything seemed fine until I was forced to seek treatment on November 25th and found that I tested positive for Covid. The congestion factor wiped me out and I was given a "steriod shot" at that time. Unfortunately, things just went downhill much too fast for me.

Looking back, I honestly believe that this virus most probably came from me shopping in Walmart as there were a couple of times that I forgot to have my masks with me but went shopping anyway. Of course, I will never know for sure.

Now, one of the really odd things is that for several days, I didn't eat much of anything as I have not been able to taste much of anything. This caused me to be totally de-hydrated and ultimately sent me to the hospital as they pumped me with fluids all day long and thankfully that also helped me to breathe much better.

I was very disappointed this morning that my normal breakfast food really tasted terrible. On a whim, I decided to eat a few Lay's potato chips and drink some ice cold Coca Cola to check the taste. I was amazed that this combo tasted fantastic, so at least now, I know that my taste buds will hopefully be getting somewhat back to normal. I'm surely hoping that this upswing in taste, energy, etc will continue for the next several days so that I can get back to my daily routine of enjoying lunch with my dear lady friend 5 days a week. I will also be glad to hopefully gain back some much needed weight as I am a heck of lot lighter than I was a 2 1/2 weeks ago.

Thanks again to all of you for your Prayers and concerns for me.
Glad to hear that DoubleE

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Happy to hear that they got you back on your feet. Now eat and drink even if it don't taste good. This is important. Breathing is a good thing to do regularly also. Don't forget to call or PM if I can help. I am close enough and owe the favor.

Now that Lay's potato chips and Coca Cola diet might be something that I need to look into. LOL