This is why Day went and got

Madsnooker

Jim Knowles!!!!
11328563.jpeg.jpg

I'm not posting this to say OSU has the number one defense, that still remains Georgia, I'm only pointing out what a turnaround OSU has made since last year on that side of the ball. All those true sophomore defensive lineman, linebackers, and defensive backs have a lot more to learn as Knowles said he has only implemented about 60% of his defense. As that defense continues to improve along with that offense they are gonna be one tough out by the end of the year. Are we on a collision course with an epic battle with Georgia in the playoffs or national championship game? One could only hope! ;)

Last edited:

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
I will be concerned and nervous with most any in Conference game (minus probably Vandy) this year and any year in the near future

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
I'm not knocking the Buckeyes, though I hate them with an unfettered fury. But what does that list really tell you? Ohio state tops the list of "most disruptive" defenses with "pace of play" factored in???

The Bucks gave up more points to Arkansas State than Georgia has given up all year. Is Arkansas state really even D1?

I'm glad your team is on top of the list of your made up stat.

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
I'm sure you do. There are some pup fans that think they will never lose another game. Actually spoke to one in ga while up hunting that said now that Kirby had it rolling he can't see them losing again in the next few years. I just smiled and said yep!!!!:rolleyes::LOL:
Can't wait to see you in the playoffs!! :cheers:

Madsnooker

Again I only posted to show how much the defense has improved year over year. Not my defense is better then yours. Some of you can't give credit to anything that's not your team. There is a stark difference from last year to this year defensively and they are only going to get better as the season goes.

Oh yea, remember the name Sonny Styles. ;)

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Again I only posted to show how much the defense has improved year over year. Not my defense is better then yours. Some of you can't give credit to anything that's not your team. There is a stark difference from last year to this year defensively and they are only going to get better as the season goes.

They do look better on D. They wouldn't have made any stat sheet for good defense last year lol

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way

Improved??? Seems they've regressed according to these #'s. (See chart below) Now admittedly this is after 13 games in 2021 and not just 3 but it also includes much tougher(?) opposition, including the Fighting Hairballs, than what they've faced so far this year and yet they were ranked 43rd then vs 53rd now.

And it's not that I'm unwilling to give credit where due, it's just a question of is it really due? I mean even you or I can pick and choose #'s to give the appearance of something that ain't and for all we know this "PickSixPreviews" ain't nothing but some OSU Homers trying to hype up the faithful, cause let's face it, at least half that list are NOT teams one would EVER think of when discussing defense. Not these days at least, maybe at some point in ancient history, but not now, no.

Have they shown moments? Yes. Are they actually better overall? Maybe, I don't really know and only time will tell.

1663809375887.png

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
And for all that OSU ended up taking Toledo to the woodshed, you can't tell me that if you were watching you didn't pucker just a little when they went down and scored on their opening drive in 4 plays and just 46 seconds.

It's ok, you can admit it. We're here for you brother.

I certainly would have had someone done it to the Dawgs.

Madsnooker

And for all that OSU ended up taking Toledo to the woodshed, you can't tell me that if you were watching you didn't pucker just a little when they went down and scored on their opening drive in 4 plays and just 46 seconds.

It's ok, you can admit it. We're here for you brother.

I certainly would have had someone done it to the Dawgs.

Of course because it was 7-7. I actually said out loud, you have got to be kidding me!!!!:LOL:The announcer even said the defense just played contain on that first series and Knowles would not do that again becuase he just learned how dynamic that qb was. Then the next drive knowles attacked instead of keeping things in front and the Dline just abused them and I said ok this game will not be close from this moment on. 10 minutes later it was 28-7. Lol

Madsnooker

Have they shown moments? Yes. Are they actually better overall? Maybe, I don't really know and only time will tell.
I agree stats can say all kinds of things. What I do know is what my eyes have shown me and the defense I've watched this year I never saw last year. Say what you want about Toledo but they had the #2 offense coming in and that qb is dynamic. They would have easily scored in the 30s on last year's defense. Toledo is not a cupcake like ttun has played or many other teams in their nonconference up to this point. Anyway I love what Knowles is doing and it's only going to get better, much better. Whether it's good enough with that offense we will see. Heck, maybe they loose to wisky this week?

Slingshot85

Again I only posted to show how much the defense has improved year over year. Not my defense is better then yours. Some of you can't give credit to anything that's not your team.

Isn't that the whole point? My team is better than your team and that's why I like them. We can be friends and talk all of NCAA football February through August. But Sept through Jan. Its Athens VS All Yall. But that's just me.