This is why Day went and got

Madsnooker

What should be scary for the lil acorn fans is the “pups” are mostly babies and only gonna get better with experience….
That also can be true. No doubt the pups are rolling right now. It would take a great effort on OSUs part to compete with them right now. I just hope OSU continues to improve on defense and we get to see that game. I think it would be the best matchup in football this year.

westcobbdog

That also can be true. No doubt the pups are rolling right now. It would take a great effort on OSUs part to compete with them right now. I just hope OSU continues to improve on defense and we get to see that game. I think it would be the best matchup in football this year.
What is The oSu mix of players that play? Older, younger, ect?

Madsnooker

What is The oSu mix of players that play? Older, younger, ect?
Well as everyone knows(lol) they were the youngest team in America last year. This year 3 of the 4 starting Dlinenman are true sophmores,, both starting CBs are true sophomores and 1starting LBer and safety is true sophomore. Also some true freshmen are getting meaningfully reps like Sonny Styles. Obviously they are in their first year under Knowles skeem that is why they should grow leaps and bounds by the end of the year and they are already playing way better then last year. I believe they lead the nation in tackles for loss. They have only given up 4 Tds this year and 2 of the four were basically throw the ball up and hope for the best.

benellisbe

OSU's defense does look improved (they barely even attempted defense last year). I have been more interested in their lack of offense. I know they lit up Toledo, but the Notre Dame game was not indicative of a high power offense. OSU only averaged 6.6 yards per attempt against a notre dame secondary that is giving up decent chunks. Marshall went 16-21 via the pass for 6.9 yards per pass average against them. OSU's D did a great job on 3rd down so far (all 3 games) and it shows. Luckily, like UGA, they have layup games for a lot of the first half of the season (after week 1) to work it out.

Madsnooker

OSU's defense does look improved (they barely even attempted defense last year). I have been more interested in their lack of offense. I know they lit up Toledo, but the Notre Dame game was not indicative of a high power offense. OSU only averaged 6.6 yards per attempt against a notre dame secondary that is giving up decent chunks. Marshall went 16-21 via the pass for 6.9 yards per pass average against them. OSU's D did a great job on 3rd down so far (all 3 games) and it shows. Luckily, like UGA, they have layup games for a lot of the first half of the season (after week 1) to work it out.
I know what you mean but rewatching the games it was actually only the first half of the ND game. Keep in mind it's game 1 and Smith-N-Jigba went down with injury on the first drive and the other starting receiver Julian Flemming was scrached at game time. I'm still amazed at how everyone harped on the O with those 2 facts in the first game? Everyone in America was expecting them to score every possession etc. We are all guilty of prisoner in the moment. They immediately had to rotate all the receivers after the first drive and they were just out of sinc with 2 of 3 starting WR out. They came out in the second half and ran the ball down ND throat. They scored on 2 of last 3 possessions and were driving in the last possession and took a knee. I believe they said they have scored on 80 percent of possessions since the first half of ND game. Also they got both receivers back for Toledo and it showed. I'm not worried about offense at all. There are 7 first rounders on offense. Lol

benellisbe

I know what you mean but rewatching the games it was actually only the first half of the ND game. Keep in mind it's game 1 and Smith-N-Jigba went down with injury on the first drive and the other starting receiver Julian Flemming was scrached at game time. I'm still amazed at how everyone harped on the O with those 2 facts in the first game? Everyone in America was expecting them to score every possession etc. We are all guilty of prisoner in the moment. They immediately had to rotate all the receivers after the first drive and they were just out of sinc with 2 of 3 starting WR out. They came out in the second half and ran the ball down ND throat. They scored on 2 of last 3 possessions and were driving in the last possession and took a knee. I believe they said they have scored on 80 percent of possessions since the first half of ND game. Also they got both receivers back for Toledo and it showed. I'm not worried about offense at all. There are 7 first rounders on offense. Lol

I don't disagree. With all the Heisman talk around Stroud, I expected more of a passing attack. You are right OSU RAN the ball down ND's throat and it showed. Plenty of season left and we will find out.

Madsnooker

It shows them having the #1 offense. That shows how bogus your “stat sheet” is.
I was going to get into the weeds on how the eff deal works but then I just thought why???? It doesn't matter anyway. Everyone has their minds made up and that's fine. :LOL:

Last edited:

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
UGA is #1. you are all looking up to us. hope this helps.

Madsnooker

I want UGA, OSU, USC and Oklahoma undefeated.
And if that were to happen hopefully the pups and OSU are 1 and 2 so they meet in the NC game. You would see an offense loaded with first rounders against a defense with them as well. I also think by the end of the year OSUs defense will be fantastic as well. That would be a good matchup. The pups TEs are a problem.

Madsnooker

UGA is #1. you are all looking up to us. hope this helps.
You are correct Slayer and that truely is fine by me. The pups are rolling right now and I'm really glad to see it. They are my second favorite team. Of course you know we're my allegiance lies. Anyway, in case you forgot lol they don't hand out trophies in September unless you are a ttun or ut fan. All I care about right now is Knowles coaching all those 5* up on defense and them learning his skeem inside and out. If that happens that could be an epic matchup. I don't care how good your defense looks they won't see an offense remotely close to what they will line up agaisnt if they play. You already saw what Bama did in the conference champ game last year and I hate playing shoulda woulda stuff but I think it's obvious that if Bama wasn't without the 2 starting recievers they would have probably been fine in the NC game or at least had a better chance then they did in a one possesion game. OSU offense is better and has more first round talent then Bama did last year. All im saying is this is not some mismatch like some like to think.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I'm sure you do. There are some pup fans that think they will never lose another game. Actually spoke to one in ga while up hunting that said now that Kirby had it rolling he can't see them losing again in the next few years. I just smiled and said yep!!!!:rolleyes::LOL:
I think that was me ? Y’all had any luck hunting ?