Too many idiots on the road these days!

Davis31052

Personnally, I rather have the idiot driver in front of me so I can see what he's doing, rather than behind me. I get over.

pinehtr

Just FYI, it's a passing lane not a fast lane. Sorry you ran into an impatient faster driver who cut you off - that was uncalled for and dangerous. But technically drivers camped out in the passing lane are also dangerous. I hope for the sake of your precious cargo that you consider using the left lane for passing.

Wrong , Read road signs. Slower traffic keep right.
that means slower than posted limit stay right. The left lane doesn't give you the rite to speed.

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
"Honey! There is a jerk flyin' up behind us!" "I'm going to screw him over good!" "Them I'm going to go brag about how I did it on the intersnets!"

Yea, the guy had a little road rage going. However, I think you may have served as the trigger.

GoldDot40

that means slower than posted limit stay right. The left lane doesn't give you the rite to speed.

This actually has more to do with traffic flow than the speed limit. If you're on a divided hwy and the speed limit is 65....but the traffic flow is around 72mph. You slowly but surely come on a car in the RIGHT lane doing about 64.3 mph (hypothetical). IF the traffic behind begins bottling up, you (in the left lane) CAN be ticketed for impeding traffic.

chevyman10709

"Honey! There is a jerk flyin' up behind us!" "I'm going to screw him over good!" "Them I'm going to go brag about how I did it on the intersnets!"

Yea, the guy had a little road rage going. However, I think you may have served as the trigger.

He screwed himself over! This guy had some real anger issues. Maybe he learned his lesson. If he hadn't gotten pulled over that day, there's no telling what might have happened. Maybe he straightened up a little after that. You should have seen the way he was flying and swerving in and out of traffic. If he would have had his flashers on, I may have been more sympathetic thinking there might have been an emergency. This guy was just flat out being a lunatic.

chadeugene

He screwed himself over! This guy had some real anger issues. Maybe he learned his lesson. If he hadn't gotten pulled over that day, there's no telling what might have happened. Maybe he straightened up a little after that. You should have seen the way he was flying and swerving in and out of traffic. If he would have had his flashers on, I may have been more sympathetic thinking there might have been an emergency. This guy was just flat out being a lunatic.

I realize he was being a jerk and he shouldn't have been driving so erratically. However, is it really fair to call the law on someone while you yourself are breaking the law? Should you have told the police that you were speeding as well?

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member

You got the words right but the meaning wrong.
Slower traffic keep right gives no one the right to speed, but it means if you are the slower traffic you must move to the right even if you are speeding. It is not impossible for one to get a ticket for both speeding and for impeding traffic.

chevyman10709

I realize he was being a jerk and he shouldn't have been driving so erratically. However, is it really fair to call the law on someone while you yourself are breaking the law? Should you have told the police that you were speeding as well?

I passed several troopers sitting in the median shooting radar while I was doing 76 through the 70. If they felt like I should have been pulled over then I'm sure they would have done so. Should I have been going 6 over, nah probably not, but we all do it. Next time I'm passing through, i'll call em back and give em my location.:stir:

Inthegarge

I passed several troopers sitting in the median shooting radar while I was doing 76 through the 70. If they felt like I should have been pulled over then I'm sure they would have done so. Should I have been going 6 over, nah probably not, but we all do it. Next time I'm passing through, i'll call em back and give em my location.:stir:

Your missing the whole point.....Just because someone else was wrong it doesn't mean you were right....You should move out of the #3 lane unless your passing...PERIOD....

Most states enforce the "Impeding Traffic" rule and that's what you were doing.....Sorry man but 2 wrongs don't make a right......