Too many idiots on the road these days!

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I prefer to live and drive where a traffic jam is a peanut combine on a 2 lane county road going from one field to another.

Redbow

I prefer to live and drive where a traffic jam is a peanut combine on a 2 lane county road going from one field to another.

I with you on this Nic, but sometimes that just isn't possible .

Crickett

Little Lady
I agree w/ the OP! If someone is driving erratically I'm gonna call & report it! I've actually had to do that a # of times! Once was even on an ambulance driver transporting a patient to Kennestone hospital! I called her employer & reported her after she almost side swiped me on 575 b/c she appeared to be texting or doin something w/ her phone! She claimed she was having a problem w/ her seatbelt! :rolleyes:

SGADawg

Many years ago they started putting these things on cars called rear-view mirrors. If a fellow gets up on your back bumper and the lane to your right is clear, that's your fault. If he wants to fly low, give him room for your safety.

If I am going the speed limit+ and the lane to my right is not clear then the speed demon can wait until I can get over safely and I will. That is just good manners.

There is NEVER an excuse for cutting back in too close in front of someone you just passed unless to avoid a greater hazard.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Could be the other driver was trying to get to the hospital before his mom or dad passed away.You never know why another driver is driving the way they are. Best to yield to faster traffic.

This is what I was going to say. Who knows why they were driving the way they were. I drive in the fast lane at 9 mph over the limit, if somebody gets on my tail I move long enough for them to pass. I am not a cop and don't try and act like it.

I think Florida has come up with a cure for the left lane cruisers.
It's called a ticket for obstructing the flow of traffic, which they are starting to enforce. $500.00
So I guess if you LLCs go down Fl way, I would suggest that you stay in the right lane if you are not going to merge back and to allowing the FASTER traffic to move on in the left lane.

Greene728

To the OP. Cutting you off and endangering your family was wrong. But, I don't care how much over the speed limit you were, if your cruising in the passing lane you were wrong. Its a law to "keep right except to pass". Its also called the drivers "blind spot" when someone passes you on your right. Many people have been killed or seriously injured due to this. And that goes for all you other left lane cruisers who think I'm going the speed limit or slightly above crowds and think its OK. Its called the "passing lane" for a reason. I know it happens regularly, but that still doesn't make it ok. Reread your drivers hand book and research blind spots.

Wild Turkey

You wanna have some real fun. Take a radar gun or lazer on a road trip. Aim it at speeding cars to set off their radar detector and watch them lock down the brakes. Quite amusing it is.
They will go crazy looking for a LEO.

K80

Yep...

Dude, the guy was wrong for the way he acted but you were in the wrong as well....

It is in fact the passing lane, at one point in time ~15 years ago this was one of the questions on the DL test.

You mention others wanting to "own" the highway, well what you did was "own" the highway by not merging over, that is if it was clear to merge and apparently it was since he was able to go around.

With that said, if the right lane is crap and the left lane is smooth, I'll ride the left lane such as in South Carolina. However, I do get over if I have a faster car approaching from behind, cause I don't "own" the road and its not my place to control his/her speed.

sinclair1

I hate when I pull up on this type jam, I am 10 cars back and the first yahoo in line wont pass, so we sit there forever.:shoot: Its dangerous to pass the jam from 10 cars back, but I have done it a few times.:fine:

Or you encounter the country garbage man:crazy: You know, the guy that puts his trash in the bed of the truck and drives down the 2 lane for a few miles while all his trash is disposed of bouncing off my windshield.:rofl:

Well I should know better to respond to this thread. so here goes anyways. Being a trucker I travel the roads all day and year round I see more than most ever see. Including idiots. I don't know your situation as I was not there.. First thing I would say is driving eticut. If your are not in the act of passing move over to the right hence the sign " slower traffic keep right " whether your running 90 or 50 doesn't give you a right to control a lane. And your surely not the road police. I am by no means picking a side here and it doesn't matter to me one way or the other. There are too many people with there head up there rears not paying attention driving and don't give a flip who is behind them or not. There are certain highways and traffic flow where simply moving over just doesn't work well.. On 65 there isn't much of anything between mobile and Montgomery I find it hard to believe there could be congestion. If you are running 76 your speeding I guess you should have called the law to your self.. 2 wrongs doesn't make a right. It's best to let the idiot do as they will and avoid confrontation. There are way to many people who jerk up the cell phone and call the law cause someone cut them off or was stupid ( guess your have always driven perfect to right ) If I called every time I seem this happen I would have a frequent caller line with 911 it happens to me virtually dozens of times each day. Move over let the jerk go and mind your business it's just a matter of time before it catches up to them

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
Sounds like the guy has some road rage issues. But I stay in the right lane, except to pass or when coming up to on-ramps. I also watch my rearview mirror and when a faster vehicle approaches I get in the right lane. I do not sit in the left lane "to make a point." It is not worthe getting killed on an interstate, especially with kids.

ChiefOsceola

You mention others wanting to "own" the highway, well what you did was "own" the highway by not merging over, that is if it was clear to merge and apparently it was since he was able to go around.

Yep. And if you're in the left lane running the same speed as the car beside you in the right lane...HIT THE GAS and get around them. Just because your cruise is set and you're content, the line of cars building up behind you isn't. Left lane hoarders are the worst. :banginghe

99Tarbox

In Missouri, riding the left lane will get you a ticket. In Germany, it can get you a ticket or worse!

rjcruiser

In Missouri, riding the left lane will get you a ticket. In Germany, it can get you a ticket or worse!

Yup...people driving on the Autobahn don't appreciate others going 6 over the suggested speed limit in the left lane. That is one thing that I wish we'd do like the Euro's.

littlewolf

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1XakBpgrR4s?hl=en_US&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1XakBpgrR4s?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>