Too many idiots on the road these days!

Todd E

Yep...

Dude, the guy was wrong for the way he acted but you were in the wrong as well....

It is in fact the passing lane, at one point in time ~15 years ago this was one of the questions on the DL test.

You mention others wanting to "own" the highway, well what you did was "own" the highway by not merging over, that is if it was clear to merge and apparently it was since he was able to go around.

With that said, if the right lane is crap and the left lane is smooth, I'll ride the left lane such as in South Carolina. However, I do get over if I have a faster car approaching from behind, cause I don't "own" the road and its not my place to control his/her speed.

Best response in two pages.^^^^^^^^^

If ya' wanna ride the left lane, keep an eye on the rearview so when you see "Kyle Busch" approaching at a faster rate than you.......you can move over.

Stop camping in the left lane and let johnny law deal with speeders.

buckfiddy

Best response in two pages.^^^^^^^^^

If ya' wanna ride the left lane, keep an eye on the rearview so when you see "Kyle Busch" approaching at a faster rate than you.......you can move over.

Stop camping in the left lane and let johnny law deal with speeders.

Todd that last sentence would make a great signature.

Doc_5729

I thought I saw Billy riding a red go cart with donuts on it in the left lane doing about 86 and one half mph while texting and posting on some sort of message board about drivelin in the left lane hogging the road.

tcward

Hmmm, seems I recall seeing signs that say "slower traffic keep right" and "keep right except to pass". Just because it says "keep right" it doesn't mean far right, just right of the passing lane, FWIW, if someone is flying up on your bumper, that makes you the slower traffic. Unless you have pretty blue lights on top of your vehicle it is someone elses problem to manage, not yours.

This^^^!!! I cannot stand IDIOTS that want to hang out in the left lane!

chevyman10709

How's the vacation going, chevyman?

It was pretty good TP...went by too quick, thanks! Just to clear something up, I did not have time to move over for this bozo. I only had time to glance up at my rearview and see him flash me then zoom around me. I normally do move over for faster traffic, but I didn't even have time with this guy. No one had been riding my butt all day, that's why I had my cruise set at 76. Everything had been going great for 3+ hours on the interstate. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I did what I felt like I needed to do in this situation, and I don't regret a bit of it.

swamp hunter

Big Honkin Chevy Trucks got the Right of Way on Interstates and County Paved Roads anyways...
I've clipped a couple of Mailguys with the Sideview Mirror...

Oldstick

It was pretty good TP...went by too quick, thanks! Just to clear something up, I did not have time to move over for this bozo. I only had time to glance up at my rearview and see him flash me then zoom around me. I normally do move over for faster traffic, but I didn't even have time with this guy. No one had been riding my butt all day, that's why I had my cruise set at 76. Everything had been going great for 3+ hours on the interstate. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I did what I felt like I needed to do in this situation, and I don't regret a bit of it.

In that case, I am on Chevyman's side too. We have all seen the type. You are passing in the left lane (or at least not impeding anyone else for an unreasonable time) then some bozo flys up from a mile and half back doing 100+. Then get's irate because he thinks his private lane should stay 100% clear for him to maintain 100.

But I do agree with comments above. If you are passing, step on it an get on around as quickly as you can, while not compromising safety. Don't sit there passing at +1 mph and take 4 minutes to get by, if there are others coming up behind.

oops1

Buzzard Expert

Glad you had a fun/safe trip! I bet you remembered to stay out of some of the above poster's private speeding lane on the way home.

Russdaddy

in response to littlewolf and rockinwrangler, when you are on a 2-3 lane interstate, do you really expect everyone to stay in the far right lane except to pass? If that were the case, the right lane of the interstate would stay jammed, therefore causing more danger. If you did get out of the right lane, you would never be able to get back in because of the single file line of bumper-to-bumper traffic. On some interstates, the far left lane is designated as the hov lane. If you agree with what the guy in the suv did then that's fine. If you think that riding up on someone's butt while flashing your lights and cutting them off is ok then i hope i never meet you on the road. I will put you in the same category with all the other overly aggressive drivers out there who think they own the road. Tp, there were cars everywhere, it was lunch time.

not to mention how difficult it would be for traffic entering the interstate.

littlewolf

Hmm...here's a Georgia State patrolman pulling over cars for hanging out in the left lane. Think he knows the law?

DCHunter

I'm really surprised there are so many people on this forum that don't understand or don't care about the "slower traffic keep right" concept

grouper throat

Well sorry it happened to you. To be of note, the lanes of an expressway are all designed as travel lanes (unless specified as HOV or other) and are designed to carry an equal amount of the traffic capacity. It is not actually designed as a 'passing' lane but should be treated as one per rules I guess. Hope u enjoyed 331 if that was your route!

irishredneck

No such thing as a 'fast lane' its the passing lane. It doesn't matter if you are doing 176mph, unless you are passing someone- you shouldn't be driving in it. Yes he may have been acting an idiot but you in this case, were the instigator. People driving like you do, annoy the crap outta me.

Slingblade

Gone But Not Forgotten
The folks that ride in the left lane are the first ones hit head on when an oncoming vehicle shoots across the median...just something to think about when you are hauling your precious cargo. I have noticed that folks with S.C. plates spend most of their interstate time in the left lane regardless of how fast they are driving.