Tough season on gear

CrossCentered

Did anyone else have problems with trail cameras and this rain we had this season? I started the season with 4 working cameras, I am now down to 1 working camera. 1 was my fault, the creek flooded. Last picture I had was a duck swimming by, before it rose over the camera. The other 2 quit working with the rain. Also had a squirrel chew a hole in the top of my gravity feeder.

mrskinner82

My cameras held up. But the same thing happen to my gravity feeder. Also with all this water I’ve found my rubber boots won’t make it another season.

FOLES55

Quick fixes for you feeders, put HVAC silver tape on the holes and then coat your leg poles with vaseline. If you have any nearby limbs cut them back so they can’t jump on top also.

Jim Boyd

Had a few cams die but with 40-50 running some are bound to go toes up. Have about 30 up in Illinois and won’t see them for several months.

Pair of Lacrosse boots split but they sent me a brand new pair for a very low price.

Beat the Hades out of the grill in the tractor, it is definitely going to need repair.

Finally sold the old 2wd Rancher and upgraded to 4wd Foreman. Installed front basket and Warn winch, so that should be the last one I ever buy.

I know we are a long way out but 2019 feels like a great season coming.... think I will finally be able to bring my long awaited Iowa trip to fruition.

Best of luck to all.

transfixer

Didn't have any trail cams die, but some of my pics were not identifiable because of moisture/mist on the lens, I run mostly Bushnell trophy cams and one Browning dark ops, I guess I'll put some sort of small shield up above them before long, and see if that helps.

1982ace

A buddy of mine had one totally submerged by the rising river water and is still going. It’s a browning camera but not sure which model.

Deerhead

My cameras held up. But my new feeder did not. Soon as my feeder ran empty a big ole doe apparently got mad and broke it. Lesson learned don't let the feeder run dry. She gets up set

Matt.M

Yep. Tough season. Feeder flipped because of the hogs and soft mud.

Feeder.jpg

Cart threw a tie-rod bolt. Extraction of said cart with winching was not how I wanted to spend the last day of the season.
Cart.jpg