Tree ID

Blackston

This tree is in the yard of my new house ( new to me ) What kinda tree is this …. I want it to be a fruit tree ?…. 69B6ED81-2FA9-46E7-A05A-F045EA7530C7.png

Buck70

My mother had a few of these in her yard. I always thought they were persimmon trees. They never did bear fruit, so I am unsure.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Like they said it’s a peach.

It didn’t have fruit this summer?

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Peach, May be past it’s prime fruit bearing age.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Any thing I can do to “revive” it
If it were mine I’d cut it down and start over. It looks pretty rough. Some peach trees are self fertile, but I like to plant at least two of the same variety of fruit trees close together.
Or you could always cut it way back and hope for the best.

Bubba_1122

Call your county extension person and see what they say.

I love scuppernongs. I’ve got scuppernong vines but they’re located on front of property where neighbors can get to them. They were loaded.

I didn’t get a single dadgum scuppernong this year.

Don’t know much about looking after them but gonna call the extension agent to see how I’d go about transplanting them in a location on the back side of the property well away from any neighbors.

Long answer to say take a picture, go to the extension office and pick their brain.

Blackston

Call your county extension person and see what they say.

I love scuppernongs. I’ve got scuppernong vines but they’re located on front of property where neighbors can get to them. They were loaded.

I didn’t get a single dadgum scuppernong this year.

Don’t know much about looking after them but gonna call the extension agent to see how I’d go about transplanting them in a location on the back side of the property well away from any neighbors.

Long answer to say take a picture, go to the extension office and pick their brain.
I’ll look into it thanks ( from your posts I believe we are “
neighbors “ of sorts) ….. South cook county , Lowndess county address

Hillbilly stalker

I had a couple peach trees in my yard when I moved to this place. They were a little bigger than yours and more full. Every year the peaches on it would grow about the size of a walnut and rot. Talked to a guy who ran the feed and seed store. He said if I wanted peaches it would be a lot cheaper and easier to just go buy a peck. He said it was a lot of trouble to keep one healthy. I planted a couple plumb trees in its place. A lot lower maintenance.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Peach.

Blackston

Upon every ones advice I took the saw to my scraggly peach tree …… Well now this has emerged…. My wife says “ I don’t think that’s a peach tree “ …. If she’s right I’ll never tell her lol …. What say Y’all ? 8DAC8524-C096-4D55-BC27-8FF9B33BA7D3.jpeg