Tree ID

sghoghunter

That’s what my phone says your picture is

Attachments

• 9B80E12E-56B0-42EF-9CC6-7FABB03495C0.png
    9B80E12E-56B0-42EF-9CC6-7FABB03495C0.png
    964.6 KB · Views: 27

krizia829

Not sure what it is but I stumbled across a neat little feature on the iPhone. If you open the photo on your phone and click the little info button, it tells you what it is. It'll say "Look Up - Plant" and if you took the picture close enough, it's fairly accurate. I took a picture of a cat's face and it also ID'd it :LOL:

Blackston

Not sure what it is but I stumbled across a neat little feature on the iPhone. If you open the photo on your phone and click the little info button, it tells you what it is. It'll say "Look Up - Plant" and if you took the picture close enough, it's fairly accurate. I took a picture of a cat's face and it also ID'd it :LOL:
Well u just edumacated me !!!

ddd-shooter

Well looks like the ol scraggly peach tree has rebounded View attachment 1294201
Make sure you trim it to an open center. Cut the last 1/3 off the new fruiting wood. No downward or inward growing branches allowed to stay.
Keep it small and manageable.

Fruit trees-especially peaches- need far more pruning than most realize. It’s almost hurtful how much you have to cut each year.

YouTube is your friend. Lots of great how to videos

huntj

Ask about an insecticide that is safe for fruit trees.
You need to spray right away when the blooms are there.
Then it will set fruit.
There is a small worm that can invade, which in turn will give you bad fruit.
We never really got enough peaches to make it worth it.

**note: my father was a County Extension agent

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Make sure you trim it to an open center. Cut the last 1/3 off the new fruiting wood. No downward or inward growing branches allowed to stay.
Keep it small and manageable.

Fruit trees-especially peaches- need far more pruning than most realize. It’s almost hurtful how much you have to cut each year.

YouTube is your friend. Lots of great how to videos
When you're pruning fruit trees, if you don't look at it sadly when you're done and say, "Durn!" you ain't pruning it right. :)