Tresspasser/Vandalizer in North Forsyth County

Lakrymator

I knew it would be a matter of time before something like this happened to me. I hunted yesterday morning, and I decided not to go back out for the evening hunt since the weather has been so warm this past week.

I got out this morning walking to my stand, and I hear a gun shot not too far away around 6 AM way before sun up. I thought to myself either coyote or someone's spotlighting...oh well, not off to a good start so far. I kept walking, and I got to the 30 foot bridge I built over the creek back there before season to get me to the other side where my stand is. I was looking in the dark and noticed the bridge had been pulled down off the ledge and was down in the water.

Immediately I expected someone to be standing on the other side ready to have some words with me, because I could tell this was not an accident. I turned off my flashlight, and walked down further to shallow water where I could wade across to get to my stand. I had left my climber out there since I've been hunting it all week, and I was just hoping the jerk didn't steal it. Luckily it was still on the tree, so I climbed up and hunted the morning trying not to think about the bridge. Saw the same small 6 that's been cruising all week, and got down after the hunt and checked my camera. Sure enough this young tresspasser showed up.

I went over to the bridge on the side where he pulled it down from, and saw his foot prints all in the sand. When he yanked it off the opposite ledge it fell down and cracked in the middle. So now I have one heavy cracked piece of wood I have to figure out how to get out of the water and see if I can salvage it.

I don't know what the problem is with people these days. I mean I wouldn't mind if I just had a picture of the kid walking through, but to go and destroy my property really got under my skin this morning. I spent about $300 in materials building this bridge so I could cross this 30 ft creek that sits up about 6 ft high. And this little punk comes and destroys it. I keep thinking to myself if I was out there yesterday evening I would have seen him come by...but then again it's probably best for both of our sake that I wasn't...

I know it's a long shot but if anyone knows anything about this kid (I know the pic isn't good), we're off of jot-em-down in north Forsyth county. I'll probably ask the neighbor kids if anyone recognizes him. I don't know if I should call the cops or not.

Attachments

• IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 1,513

PappyHoel

Good luck finding the fecal matter

scottc

Let's keep the pictures of these scum bags coming, and get them out of our woods. Press charges if you catch them

Scoutman

Call the sheriff's department

Luke0927

Had 2 boys on camera stealing another camera from behind my house looked all over no one would own up to knowing them. This was in North Forsyth also off jotem down. Doesn't look like same kids though.

Lakrymator

Had 2 boys on camera stealing another camera from behind my house looked all over no one would own up to knowing them. This was in North Forsyth also off jotem down. Doesn't look like same kids though.

I'm glad he didn't take my camera or my stand. I just put so much work into building that bridge it really CensoredCensoredCensoredCensoredCensoredCensored me off. I talked to a friend who works patrol for the sheriff's dept., and he said I probably wouldn't be able to do much about it. If I do catch up to him what could I do, tell his parents to spank him or demand he pay for the damages? I really don't have enough evidence to press charges other than footprints and a photo of his back happening around the same time. I'd like to make him hold up the bridge while I get it fixed. :hammers:

2feathers

I'd get with the local high school resource officer. He would probably know this kid as well as his ugly shoes.

Luke0927

I talked to a buddy in the department and a couple of others they said about the samething unless you could get a confession your out of luck pretty much.

For old time sake here is the little punks that stole mine, you can see the camera in the boy in the fronts hand, was an almost brand new covert black.

sman

What the heck is wrong with these kids? Some parents need to teach em better. I'm happy to see em outside BUT they need to learn some respect.

Luke0927

Well, they took the brand new covert black and left the wildgame. So they must not be too dumb.

I actually thought this thing was dead didn't even pull this cam till about a month after just happened to be looking and saw it caught them.