tru lock and longbeard xr??

vrooom

Patterned mine yesterday. 3" long beards #5 through a Turlock on a 535 mossberg. 148 in a 10" circle at 40 yards. I drew the circle centered where I was aiming (I use a red dot). May could have gotten a few more had I moved it a little bit but it was pretty even.

GADawg08

well here are my results with the .650 and LB #6's....its not as tight as I thought it would be, which I'm actually glad its not. I didn't shoot the #5's through it. It's a pretty even pattern. The target on the left is @ 20yds...pattern on right is @ 40. The gun is a rem 870 with 26" barrel with just the factory bead.

**these are the only targets I had. The black area is about 12 inches across

Attachments

• 20160322_131343.jpeg
    20160322_131343.jpeg
    361.6 KB · Views: 378

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Not a Trulock but here's my project 870/Sumtoy .665 with Longbeard XR 3" 1 3/4 oz #6 at 25 yds. It works for me.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
That'll work for sure. Hope to see some messed up heads from that one.

Me too. I got one picked out. Hope he stays put until this Saturday morning. He was hammering his head off last Saturday morning.

GADawg08

Dead bird for sure. Thanks for sharing.

no problem man....I don't have any pics, but I actually got a tighter pattern out of my brothers primos tight wad with the LB #5's and its a .660. But, it wasn't as even of a pattern as this one. I'm happy with it

Turkeydoghunter

well here are my results with the .650 and LB #6's....its not as tight as I thought it would be, which I'm actually glad its not. I didn't shoot the #5's through it. It's a pretty even pattern. The target on the left is @ 20yds...pattern on right is @ 40. The gun is a rem 870 with 26" barrel with just the factory bead.

**these are the only targets I had. The black area is about 12 inches across

3 or 3.5 ? I like that the pattern opens up at close range

Baracus

I don't have a pic or pellet count but on My 870 Express Super Mag I use a BassPro Readhead Blackout choke tube. .660, extended, ported. I use this with Winchester XR #5 and its deadly at 50 yards. So good that I haven't even spent any more time or money testing anything else. Now, on my girlfriends Mossberg 500 20 guage, I was not happy at all with that blackout choke. I have a Tru lock on order and am using the federal heavyweight #7 as some guys on here have shown great results.