Tuesday Night Eats. What Y'all Having?

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Mmmmmmmm!!!!!!!

breathe in

pulled a big ole hog leg pork loin outta the freezer, laughed and wondered what I was gonna do with this tough ole tree limb?

threw it in a brine overnight. next morning running late and went simple; covered it with garlic salt, garlic powder and black pepper. put it and a 1/2 cup of chic stock in crockpot on low for 8 hours. added 2 thin sliced lg sweet onions and 2 carrots for 3 more hours. fell apart with two forks and then let sit in juice half hour.

I can't tell y'all how good this was. and so simple. the best part was no choking down a tough ole pork loin. looked and kinda felt like eating chicken. seriously good!

IMG_0132.jpeg

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
pulled a big ole hog leg pork loin outta the freezer, laughed and wondered what I was gonna do with this tough ole tree limb?

threw it in a brine overnight. next morning running late and went simple; covered it with garlic salt, garlic powder and black pepper. put it and a 1/2 cup of chic stock in crockpot on low for 8 hours. added 2 thin sliced lg sweet onions and 2 carrots for 3 more hours. fell apart with two forks and then let sit in juice half hour.

I can't tell y'all how good this was. and so simple. the best part was no choking down a tough ole pork loin. looked and kinda felt like eating chicken. seriously good!

View attachment 1230862
Go back to your up bringing ... or maybe another generation back.. and one will find that there ain't no meat can't be made tender... with enough time. You did good... I'd eat at least two of them plates.