TV Characters

BeerThirty

Growing up I had football and wrestling coaches stay up in my grill yelling and pushing me beyond the limits. I learned how to push myself.

Gridiron lessons stuck.

Today it is glaringly evident that many of the younger employees never had anyone ride them hard.
They have a pile of quit in them.

I typically filter how I address the low performers, but the end result suffers. They wind up losing their jobs due to poor performance evaluations and write ups, when I may have been able to reach them verbally with the filter off.

The kinder, gentler, HR-approved methods are insufficient.

Everyone does not deserve a trophy. Winning is important.
Drive and ambition to win are important. Merit based promotions vs diversity or seniority based promotions.

Our country went down the tubes when we quit being accountable to God. We became a lazy group who don’t want anything to challenge them. Freedom from accountability isn’t freedom.
I'm with you.

When I tell my kids about my football coaches, grabbing me by the facemask, slapping the side of my helmet, singling out my mistake in front of the whole team, screaming at me so loud spit was flying everywhere and his veins were popping out his forehead, working us until we puked, telling me to get off their [insert profanity] field, etc.. My oldest son can't even fathom that level of intensity or style of coaching. But like you said, it worked and stuck, at least for me.

Being a dad now with different perspective, the verdict is still out if I think that method was necessary. I do acknowledge that there are different methods of effective coaching. But I have always been a proponent of any method that "toughens up" a kid.

As far as that type of behavior happening at work, so be it. If that's the culture, fine. Employees can freely come and go. I wouldn't advocate it, but I support their right to run their company however they want.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Fred Ziffle
Otis
The Darlins
Ernest T
Hank Kimbrel

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
big bird
Laura and Charles Ingels
Knight rider
Herman Munster
Those are some for me and my time.
Some others have already named some great ones like Fred Flinstone and bugs bunny