Updated....New year, new clubs, great start!

dsweat

Lost my favorite lease a few years ago and it really killed my enthusiasm for hunting. Have spent a lot of time in the boat since. My Pop called me up a couple of weeks ago with 2 lease options. After discussing with the fellas, we decided to get both. Received these pictures this weekend. One from each club. Headed down to get stands in the woods soon! I think I have the fever again!

Attachments

• WGI_0050_copy_1600x900.jpg
    WGI_0050_copy_1600x900.jpg
    554.9 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_0020_copy_1600x900.jpg
    IMG_0020_copy_1600x900.jpg
    383.1 KB · Views: 242

Hunter1699

Wow. Good move on the new leases. Are these small personal leases or clubs? I'm not having any luck on anything close to shooters on my cameras. Trying to be patient! Good Luck!

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
dsweat,
If I was a betting man, I would say that you just might have hit a nice jackpot for sure !!!!

Those are some great bucks for sure. I am assuming that your area must have some type of agricultural fields etc that adds a lot to the diets of these deer.

dsweat

Wow. Good move on the new leases. Are these small personal leases or clubs? I'm not having any luck on anything close to shooters on my cameras. Trying to be patient! Good Luck!

Small. 6 members all family or close friends. 235 and 133 acres 3 miles apart.

dsweat

dsweat,
If I was a betting man, I would say that you just might have hit a nice jackpot for sure !!!!

Those are some great bucks for sure. I am assuming that your area must have some type of agricultural fields etc that adds a lot to the diets of these deer.

I would say there is a fair amount of corn and peas in both areas. Winter clear cutting has created a lot of new growth and put a lot of food on the ground. We have had several feeders going for last 5 weeks. Amazing growth on several of these deer over that time period.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Congratulations sweat! Great to hear a happy story when the word lease is involved! Good luck and hopefully these two spots will keep your fire burning long term!