Vietnam Veterans Day is today.

Hillbilly stalker

Today is a day set aside to honor all the guys ( and gals) that served in Vietnam. A lot of them didn’t get the thanks and honor they deserved when they got back…..make for sure we give it to them now. :flag: . THANK YOU.

Last edited:

slow motion

Hope they all have an excellent day.

Probably 15 years ago we were in DC and went by the Wall. It was a very moving experience to see these men as they searched the names for those who fell and the emotional response when they found him. Or when they spoke and embraced when they met a brother. Some of whom had clearly just met for the first time. One man who took out his phone and called as tears were streaming down his cheeks he just kept saying I found him. I found him.

Thank you all for your sacrifices to keep us free.

dslc6487

Campboy: I served in the 198th Light Infantry Brigade. I had a good friend that got drafted same day as me. He went to the 196th. Both are part of the 23rd Infantry Division also known as the Americal Division.
My friend did not make it home either...

Redbow

Ditto.

My brother served in Vietnam December 1968 - December 1969. B/2/5 1st Air Cav. He made it back. Served with many that didn't.
Headshot, I also served in the 1st Air Cavalry Division (Airmobile) from February '68 until February '69 with the 11th Aviation group, helicopters. The 1st Cav so I have read had more men killed in Nam than any other Army Division. I was stationed at Camp Evans up near the DMZ between North and South Viet-Nam for 9 months. Then our Division moved to a place called Phouc Vinh over near the Cambodian border I was there for 3 months before rotating out of country.

Do you know where your Brother served in Nam with the Cav. ? Anyway a big salute and a big thank you to all my brothers who served in that terrible war that should never have been.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Thank you to all who served and to all who have supported them for during and after. Back in 1970 I might have seen some of you fellows fly over the Da Nang area from the deck of my luxurious 45' Pickett boat that belonged to Harbor Security of the Naval Support Facility there.

Headshot

Then our Division moved to a place called Phouc Vinh over near the Cambodian border I was there for 3 months before rotating out of country.

Do you know where your Brother served in Nam with the Cav. ? Anyway a big salute and a big thank you to all my brothers who served in that terrible war that should never have been.
Thank you for your service. I think Tay Nihn province for a lot of his time. Phouc Vihn sounds familiar. I also think he was in Cu Chi. Had 39 air assault missions. He survived the battle of Angel's Wing March of '69.

Last edited:

LTZ25

One of the many wars fought and paid for by regular people to make the politicians rich from the kick backs from the military/arms companies . I used to be stupid and believed differently but now I always look for the money trail . The latest war is a perfect example except we are not sending soldiers , YET . How much is the big guy getting deposited in his off shore bank , along with 98 percent of all the rest of democrats and republicans .

Resica

Campboy: I served in the 198th Light Infantry Brigade. I had a good friend that got drafted same day as me. He went to the 196th. Both are part of the 23rd Infantry Division also known as the Americal Division.
My friend did not make it home either...
Americal Division, 1 of only 2 in WW2 without a number designation. Combination of American and New Caledonia where they were activated in May of 42!!

Resica

My uncle had been in the Navy prior to Vietnam. He disliked Marines. He ended up going to Embry Riddle and worked for Pratt and Whitney. He was tired of Hartford and wanted to be out in the field. They sent him to Chu Lai, the Marine air base near our Air Force base at Da Nang. Said when he arrived there was a mortar attack and he jumped unknowingly into an ammo bunker, oops!. He has said the Marines took care of him there. He was a jet engine guy there for the A-4 Skyhawks. He was everywhere after Vietnam. Italy, mostly on carriers, New Zealand, Miramar, and tons of other bases that had Pratt and Whitney engines!

Latest posts