Vogel SP let's hear it

Thread starter #1
Good or Bad well not ifins its too bad.I'm heading up there with the family around t-day and I'm a needin the low down on it got any?

PChunter

I like it, has a nice lake with trout and some pretty nice bass in it. Set up is good and good place for kids. Good place to relax

Great place to go. I camped there about 2 months ago and had a great time. Lots to do around there and if you have a canoe bring it! I rate it in the top 5 of places I have been camping.

As campgrounds go I guess it's okay. I see you have family. That makes a difference. Me, I camp by myself with a dog. Tent in the National Forest somewhere. To me camping is getting out away from it all, not being right next to a hundred other people. Hope y'all have a great time....really!

Thread starter #5
To me that camping to CH but it won't be long and I'll be camping by myself my baby turn 16 today.Where does the time go.Any of unins have pictures I ready now camper just about packed and i still have 2 weeks.Going to try and get me a BEAR while I'm there also.

RacinNut

The mountains are full of Florida Yankees right now, Vogle Lake is a beautiful place, I hope it rains and is 38 degrees while you are there. Good Campin weather.

Hawg Daddy,

I live about 5 miles north of VSP, :fine: and do some camping/hiking there regularly with our Scouts and family....what is it you want to know about the place?

BTW, if your trying to get *away* from your flatland neighbors.....uh....the N. GA Mountains might not be the best choice. :rofl: Just sayin.......

Paymaster

Q Cookin, Fly Tyin, Mod
Beautiful SP in my opinion. I have not been in a while due to there being limited camp sites for large RV's. It is a great place for pop ups and shorter RV's.

KDarsey

You won't be far from Lake Winfield Scott, take a ride over and check it out. A little more seclusion and really pretty nice. (no electricity)

Thread starter #12
I might have to go to lake winfield scott for T-day cuz there no site open then but before and after I have a site.WM the questions will start when I get home from work.Why don't them Florida people just stay in SOUTH Florida glad I'm from North Florida.:stir:

KDarsey

Also you might try Trackrock Campground just north of Vogel. Nice place for a private CG.

I might have to go to lake winfield scott for T-day cuz there no site open then but before and after I have a site.WM the questions will start when I get home from work.Why don't them Florida people just stay in SOUTH Florida glad I'm from North Florida.:stir:
N Fl? Mebbe your OK then. :)

They have a site available before & after, just not on T-Day? Who camps out just one day..and on T-Day to boot?

Send me a PM with what kind of site your trying to reserve and I'll use one of my lifelines and phone a friend. Can't hurt.

Trackrock is awesome as well. I have bigger strings to pull there than at Vogel. http://www.trackrock.com/

I'll be there the middle of Dec with my boys and our Boy Scout Troop doing the Horsemanship Merit Badge.

Paymaster

Q Cookin, Fly Tyin, Mod
Yeah the hiking trails are awesome this time of year. Bear Hair and The Coosa Trail up to Blood Mountain are the best. I have probably climbed the Coosa for the last time.:cry: Heart trouble and age have caught up with me.

I use to work as a ranger at Vogel, very nice management. LOL.

-Old, and huge, American Chestnut stumps on the bear hair trail. You can go to blood mountain from the park.

- a little waterfall on site.

-clean lake water

-some fish

-cool temps in summer

Picture is a summer program for children in Wolf Creek that runs through Vogel State Park. They also have a kids fishing rodeo in the summer for the kids. Sorry, no adults allowed until the kids have caught all the trout.

-great for a family

Attachments

HD, Give me a shout if you have any trouble setting things up with Frank like we discussed. Hope you have a great trip!

Look me up when ya'll get up here.

Keith