Vortex VIP Warranty, It Rocks

patcavscout

I had a damaged SPARC red dot that got dinged up pretty good when I was still living in Alaska. Two weeks ago I found it while doing some cleaning and organizing and decided to send it in and see just how good Vortex's Warranty was for myself. I decided to make a video documenting my experience. Vortex sent me a brand new unit and it took less than two weeks total. I'm very pleased with them even more than I was before.

Chum

I'll second this! I was sighting in the Vortex scope that came with my Mossberg Patriot .308 a week before a big hunting trip last year. After taking a few shots the rings on the inside of the scope became detached and were rattling free...possibly due to over tightening the scope to the rifle. I contacted Vortex and explained my situation. They had me send it in...I had a replacement on my door one day before the trip! Vortex gained a lifetime customer that day!

nmurph

I bought a used Vortex off of a bidding site. The objective lens was clearly out of place. I bought it for a song, sent it to Vortex for a few bucks, and got a brand new scope in a couple of wks, no questions asked.

patcavscout

If you are a Vet or first responder, contact Vortex directly for 40% off.
http://partners.vortexoptics.com/?request=mille

This is what I did last year. Vortex does it through Expertvoice now (used to be called Expertcity) You sign up with your credentials like a DD214, Discharge Certificate, ORB, or ERB and get 40% off their products. The good thing about Expertvoice is that it's not justlimited to savings on Vortex but lots of other sports and outdoor gear as well. Quantum fishing is on there, Zeiss, Trijicon, and Bushnell are the other optics on there too. They also offer discounts to first responders too.There are some other groups they are affiliated with as well. https://www.experticity.com

Knotwild

It is great that Vortex has a good warranty, because the odds are that you will have to use it. I bought Venom that never worked right out of the box, but fortunately I could send it back for a full refund.

patcavscout

It is great that Vortex has a good warranty, because the odds are that you will have to use it. I bought Venom that never worked right out of the box, but fortunately I could send it back for a full refund.

I have about a half dozen Vortex products and this is the first one I had to send in. Even with it getting broken due to user error they replaced it.

175rltw

BANNED

I'm with this. I have two old vortex viper scopes that have rotated across a few rifles and have served and will fingers crossed continue to serve faithfully- maintaining their individual zeros steadfastly and proving easy to zero when moved to a different rifle. I set them and leave them- on 308 or smaller rifles never dialing for elevation. Every other scope Ive had from them has been broken out of the box, or broke speedily or didn’t do what it was supposed to. I too have had great success with the warranty. I also have sold off all my new or broken stuff over the last ten years except those 2- which are ok but aren’t being put through any real use. But my experience is about an 80% failure rate over any given 12 month period. They are absolutely the most patient people in the business though- to deal with that so graciously day in and day out is impressive. But I can’t allocate my resources to providing QC for vortex 1 scope at a time- same for leupold

wareagle700

Vortex does have a good warranty, just a shame there are so many people who have experienced it. You can read vortex warranty/customer service story's all day long. 4/5 of the Vortex scopes I've owned (Vipers and Razors, not their cheap stuff) have gone back for one issue or another. Not bashing Vortex as I like some of their products but wish they would step up the QC and build quality as they have some pretty cool products at a good price point.

Jester896

Senior Clown
the only thing I have currently is their lower end stuff and no issue with any of it. Considering some of the high end items after shooting through one at the Expo recently...kinda stuck on NF for that but I liked it. Never heard anything like this until now, but I will admit that I have not researched online independent reviews.