Walmart’s Summit Viper?

Buck Dropper

Anybody bought this stand and liked it? Trying to get some feedback. Have an opportunity to get one from a guy that bought one and didn’t use it. I believe these are the heavier steel kind. Thanks in advance.

AE46B361-44A7-48E4-863C-15977541A475.png

Hillbilly stalker

The weight is the only difference. And they will rust being steel. I've seen them cheaper at DSP before they went commie. They sit just like the others. If you have a short walk in or use a ATV, they will be fine.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

PappyHoel

Don’t buy chicom it’s anti American

Summit is probably made in China too. Sheesh

Buckman18

Alexander’s in Blairsville usually has the Aluminum lighter version on sale for $200 before deer season. Id much rather have it.

The steel version is ok for short walks or if you’re gonna leave hanging for a while.

Edited: just saw you’re in coffee county, that’d be a long drive to Blairsville. My apologies.

uturn

I wouldn’t waste my money on a steel climber of any kind!!!

That’s just me!

NUTT

Saw a thread on AT yesterday where Wal Mart sold them in a two pack for 99 bucks. Sold out quickly!

krizia829

Steel climbers are a pain!! I have the aluminum version (Summit Crush Series Viper SD ) and I absolutely love it. I fall asleep on it and everything when I get up the tree at dark early morning. It's great. Steel is just too heavy after a while but that's just me! I'd wait a bit and save up little by little and check often for sales and get the aluminum version or any other but as long as it's at least lightweight

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
I have seven aluminum Summit Vipers. I own two steel, like the subject of this thread. The steel ones are not as comfortable for me, the side rails are different enough to to be uncomfortable to my elbows, and the seats are budget. I place them in areas that I don’t think I will move very often, in areas closer to a road. Like others have said, I would save your money and go all aluminum if you are getting only one (or a few). For me I scatter my stands all over my lease and leave them on a tree the entire season. I don’t mind having two being steel, but I am lucky to be able to leave my stands on a private hunting lease. I do not like moving the steel, they are much heavier. If I do put a stand near a boundary or in an area that might be at more risk of theft that is where I put steel stands.

MikeyD6

Deleted
I'd look on Amazon first. That exact climber is listed at 153.00 with free shipping. I got the aluminum Goliath last year and it was 75.00 off retail price with free shipping.