we have killed 62 squirrels since season started..we up to 107 now

RedFoxx

they pile out of the swamp and eat the crap out of our pecans.. still not sure we gonna have any pecans left cause they just keep on coming.
We still have not hunted at the feeders where i had a the pic of 12 at one time there.. hoping to cut down on the population a little but no matter how many we kill it doesnt stop them..

maddiesquirrel.jpgmaddiesquirrel1.jpg

Last edited:

RamblinWreck88

Useles Billy ain’t got nothing on ME !
Good lord, that's a whole lot of dumplings! Really puts into perspective how many of them are scurrying around. I can't imagine having a whole section of a freezer dedicated to some of the best meat out there.

RedFoxx

its awesome. just got another so we up to 63...i live right here on the farm by the pecan trees so about every hour or so i grab the gun and the dogs go wild and i let them out..i have to sprint out there cause they start running when the dogs get there...makes it fun..i need to video them some..i wasnt sure i got the one i just shot...i thought i hit it but never saw it fall..about 2 minutes later here comes my gsp with it in her mouth!!.. no telling how many i would lose if it wasnt for the dogs..we dont kill them like this every year...only when the pecan trees are loaded... and i grill some for the dogs and it seems like they know what it is they are eating...they love them too.. my favorite is fried with grilled a close 2nd... if you like hot sauce buy a big bottle of the kind you like...make you a tinfoil tray or buy one and pour the whole bottle in or enough to cover the meat up and grill the squirrels in it until they are falling off the bone...it is so good with your favorite cold drink!!! My dog Maddie in the pic...she will gather them all up...2, 3 ,4 or 5 as many as she can pack in her mouth and stand there and hold them so the other ones cant get one!! she is so funny...and such a great dog...she loves to quail hunt also.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
My GSP will tree squirrels and retrieve them also still loves to hunt birds (woodcocks). That’s a bunch of squirrels.

RedFoxx

to me there are no dogs comparable to the gsp. I have owned lots of kinds but they are the best ones ever.. but you got to have room for them to run and excercise cause they are hyper and love to run... in just a few minutes we gonna start on the squirrels today.. they running around in the house ready...all you got to do is say squirrel and they at the door jumping...show them a shotgun shell and they go crazy...pump one into the chamber and its on..they will run over everything to get out the door!!..
we just flew out the door to the pecans and got another one...should have had two but those little rascals can be hard to hit when they running wide open!... this would be so much fun for some younguns!!! 65 and counting

Last edited:

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Serious dumplin feast with tater cakes.

My buddies have Draths and Wire haired, they do the same. His GSP is getting older, but still loves to hunt birds, just not in cold.

Congrats

RedFoxx

just made the 1st morning run..got two should have had 3 so we up to 70 and counting..wish i could do the same thing to all the coons around here..just made 2nd run this morning and got one more so we up to 71...there was anywhere from 5-7 everytime we ran out there but now its only 2 or 3 each time.. so we thinning them out for sure..

Last edited:

RedFoxx

well..you would think after killing 71 squirrels there wouldnt be so many at the feeder...even though we didnt kill the 71 at the feeder they were in the pecan trees at other end of field....so we went from 12 at the feeder to 10 after killing all those!! lol.. 2nd pic back in august at same feeder and is main reason we dont squirrel hunt at the feeders.
STC_0116.JPG

STC_0182.JPG

Last edited: