we have killed 62 squirrels since season started..we up to 107 now

Mac

Wow

Stack them up

Nice bucks too

RedFoxx

Try a half a dozen dog proof coon traps.

You’ll be pleased.
i have used dog proof traps for years...i usually catch 4 or 5 quick and then the trap sits there for months with nothing.. like they figure out what it is and leave it alone...payday at end of week gonna order a few and try again...they got a fresh batch of half grown ones that i should be able to catch!.
we even look at the times on camera that lots of coons are there...usually 9 or 10 pm and we take shotguns and flashlights and run down to the feeder and usually several coons will run up the same tree and we shoot the crap out of them...we usually get a few that way but there are tons of them on the alapaha river just like the squirrels so it doesnt seem to do a lot of good...i make pepper spray using my ghost pepper and other hot pepper from garden and spray it on the feeders to try to keep them from eating holes in everything..we may start eating them if the grocery stores keep cramming what they call green grown meat on us...if you see meat marked that way it is made in a lab and no telling whats in it..

Last edited:

RedFoxx

where oh where do all the squirrels come from...we are up to 92 killed now...got 5 more yesterday...and about 7 pm we walked back out to pecan trees and there was 7 running off... didnt take gun cause nephew deer hunting not too far away..but you would think after killing 92 they would quit coming and find somewhere else to eat..pecans are slowly disappearing.
and the squirrels are getting a lot bigger than they were...fat rascals eating my corn and peanuts and just getting fatter..

tell sackett

they pile out of the swamp and eat the crap out of our pecans.. still not sure we gonna have any pecans left cause they just keep on coming.
We still have not hunted at the feeders where i had a the pic of 12 at one time there.. hoping to cut down on the population a little but no matter how many we kill it doesnt stop them..

View attachment 1255525View attachment 1255526
I feel your pain. There are pieces of cut up hulls all under our trees.

Baroque Brass

How late do they bear young? I’ve killed several small young ones and one really fat, heavy female like she might’ve been pregnant.

au7126

Have a friend living in neighborhood with lots of White Oaks and Hickory trees. Squirrels were so bad they were getting into attics and chewing on wiring. With the blessing of his neighbors and a pellet rifle he eliminated 107 in a 3 month period.

Resica

well..you would think after killing 71 squirrels there wouldnt be so many at the feeder...even though we didnt kill the 71 at the feeder they were in the pecan trees at other end of field....so we went from 12 at the feeder to 10 after killing all those!! lol.. 2nd pic back in august at same feeder and is main reason we dont squirrel hunt at the feeders.
View attachment 1256500

View attachment 1256502
You can kill squirrels over bait?

outdoorman

I want to hunt squirrels (and coons) after I get a deer this season.
I have plenty of white oaks and hickories around so want to know how late in the season will the squirrels be out? Are they still active when it gets cold say in Jan, early Feb in middle Georgia?