What’s the best semi-auto upland shotgun under $1k

JeffinPTC

Used 1100 or Beretta 391.
Used to be you could buy new for LT a K. Now very hard to find. Beretta A300 synthetic retails for LT a K if you can find one
My boys shot 391s in 4H. Never a problem. I like 1100s. Millions made, parts are cheap.

I'd try to buy locally though.
I've had too many problems with GB.

Try Chucks Gun and Pawn in Warner Robins or Barrow Guns in Butler. Bo's prob the largest Beretta dealer in the SE out the back of his NAPA store. Worth the drive for either of these.

normaldave

GON Weatherman
A300 on sale for $699 at a certain online "Outdoor Superstore for Sportsmen". This one is grey anodized with synthetic stock and 20 gauge. 7.62 lbs.
1682366941413.png
Review:
Beretta A30 Ultima

I remain drawn to the CZ 1012, although MSRP a lot less than $1K.
CZ 1012

bullgator

Franchi Affinity

killerv

So my friends and I are the only ones that have had problems with their Franchi affinity 20ga? I sent mine down the road.

Probably some 20ga montefeltros still out there in your price range, that would be my choice. 2nd choice would be an a300, not gonna be any heavier than the 1100 mentioned.

While I did like the 391, they just arent cost efficient to own anymore, replacement parts are getting harder to find and more expensive. I've seeing parts guns with no barrels sell in the 600-700 range. I had 391 gold sporting 20 I wish I had kept. It as a sweetheart...and of course I had the 12 to match it.

weagle

If you can find a Beretta 20ga for under $1k, get that.

If not, the Turkish made, Weatherby SA-08, Tristar Viper G2 or Mossberg SA-20, all get very good reviews. I don't own one, but I have shot the Weatherby and it reminds me of my Beretta 303.

Last edited:

earlthegoat2

Franchi AL-48 20 ga.

Very far south of your $1k threshold. Light as a feather. Long recoil operation like an older A-5.

I have seen them recently pre-owned for under $500.

Boondocks

Franchi AL-48 20 ga.

Very far south of your $1k threshold. Light as a feather. Long recoil operation like an older A-5.

I have seen them recently pre-owned for under $500.
And it will kick like a mule. I have had one for 30 years and only use it for Quail.Carried it to a Dove field once , my shoulder was sore.And yes they are light and shoot good.

Mauser

And it will kick like a mule. I have had one for 30 years and only use it for Quail.Carried it to a Dove field once , my shoulder was sore.And yes they are light and shoot good.
I had one in 12ga, very light but would rattle yours teeth