What did you do today that’s related to deer hunting #5

BluewaterFever

Had a good weekend at camp pulling stands since they are cutting timber.
Much needed maintenance will be done to some before they are set out next season.
20240423_130347.jpg
Also redisked with the atv harrowd and planted a "barricade / conceal" strip to block our clover plot from the barn and highway.

Jim Boyd

Arranged to have 1050 lbs of seed picked up in Dade City FL and shipped to me.

It is about that time!

Jim Boyd

Realized that in less than 5 months folks in Georgia will be slinging sticks at deer !!!
Heck in less than 120 days - folks will be shooting them jokers with centerfires over here!

Jim Boyd

Had a good weekend at camp pulling stands since they are cutting timber.
Much needed maintenance will be done to some before they are set out next season.
View attachment 1301646
Also redisked with the atv harrowd and planted a "barricade / conceal" strip to block our clover plot from the barn and highway.
You did GREAT work, Karl!

Bucaramus

Taught View attachment 1302221my lil killa something
I'm sure you will but please teach lil killa about the importance of using a harness. I know if I'd been taught to use one from jump street it would now be habit to use one. I don't use a climber much anymore but when I do I may or may not use a harness. I try and always use one but have hunted without it if I forget it at home. It should always be a part of my gear, but sadly it's not.

Bucaramus

Went and pulled stuff out of a lease in Edgefield, SC on Saturday. That lease will be up soon on Green Diamond. Lot of deer but not very many bucks at all. I'm sure it could be good given time.

Went and looked at another piece on Saturday as well.

Blackston

I'm sure you will but please teach lil killa about the importance of using a harness. I know if I'd been taught to use one from jump street it would now be habit to use one. I don't use a climber much anymore but when I do I may or may not use a harness. I try and always use one but have hunted without it if I forget it at home. It should always be a part of my gear, but sadly it's not.
Absolutely his daddy fell and now always uses one !!! We was 4 feet high on this lesson hahaha

Bucaramus

Absolutely his daddy fell and now always uses one !!! We was 4 feet high on this lesson hahaha
I do some work for some contractors and 4' is the magic number in which you have to be tied off. I got told that I was a smart butt when I asked how I was going to get 15' up to tie off so I could work on a 6' ladder. Seemed like a valid question to me.

Latest posts