What Time

elis-hugh

Guys,

If you consistantly have a deer on your game camera between 11:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m., what time during the day would you consider hunting. This is the situation for me. Keep seeing a nice buck at this particular time, but don't have any pics of him during the day.

shdw633

I guess I am not understanding your statement, your saying you have got this deer on your camera between 11:00 am and 12:30 pm, which is during the daytime, but you can't get any pictures of the deer during the day? Do you mean that you got pics of him around midnight but none during the day?

elis-hugh

That right. Typo. I mean we are seeing him at around midnight, but not during the day. switch the a.m. , p.m.. Thanks for the help!!!

HighCotton

It Don't Matter

All a pic tells you is that there are deer in the area. And once the season starts, they'll very likely change their travel patterns anyway. And if you've got pics of deer over corn, the pic is even more meaningless. Now that you know deer are "in the area", as the season approaches (as bachelor groups break down) look for sign and trails. Move the camera to these areas. Set up a stand and hope you get lucky. :banana:

HC

THREEJAYS

That's a million dollar question.We always get pics. of deer we never see hunting.

big buck blaster

a lot of the mature bucks are nocturnal.the only time you will ever see them in the daytime is during the rut,and some still move only at night .figure out when the main chasing phase of the rut takes place where you hunt, and hunt does. he may show up. this works for me almost every year.learned this from 30 years of hunting in ga. not on a tv show.

Booner Killa

Yep, I would look at my pics and see where he is coming from. He's in a good summer pattern right now so I would make a hypothesis about where he's laid up and go get him. When the wind is right, he'll come out on a cool evening and you'll have his number hopefully. At least that's the way it's supposed to work out in theory.

Count Down

Not sure about your property but I would look hard at water sources and the amount of travel to and from them. Maybe find a game trail from your feeder to the water source, maybe setup somewhere in between...just a thought.

P

potsticker

Not a bad idea. As the food sources changes and the corn quits falling from that special tree, this buck has a limited core area, look for faint trails and a few rubs. This will start when the nights drop into the 60s. Its a great time to find a large deer.