What's a fair price on this truck?

riverbank

I know a fair price is what someone would pay and sell for and Still feel good about it. But what would a 97 f350 power stroke , dually with a flat bed be worth. Decent paint, decent interior, 160,000 miles on it.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
7.3 ???

High demand if so. Not so sure 'bout the flat bed ??? 160k ain't nuttin...

tree cutter 08

4x4? I paid 10k for a 97 power stroke 4x4 flatbed dump with 80k miles a few years ago. I was tickled with the price. Its got over 100k now and I think I could make a little on it if I sold it. If its a 2 wheel drive I would say in the 5k range. Add at least 2k more if 4x4. They are hard to find. 5sp transmission will fetch another 1k over the automatic. I been looking for another short wheel base 4x4 diesel flatbed for several years and haven't found one for the right price yet. And I look on a semi daily basis.

riverbank

Thank y'all fellas. It is a 4x4 , I forgot to mention though that it needs ball joints. That's the only real issue with it.

T-N-T

I've seen similar trucks asking around 10k. Give or take 3k
Those 7.3s are bringing stoopid prices for their age

MOTS

10,000. That motor is the best you can get!

tree cutter 08

Look on eBay at what they are asking. 24k for a 97 4 door 4x4 7.3 with 160k miles. But they look like new. There was one that sold local for 25k recently. Like said above, the 7.3 power stroke is probably one of the best engines out there. They goofed when they went to hunting more power and better miliage.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
$6,000-$8,000

DAWG1419

I got 2 months 7.3's. one 96(349000 miles)one 99(271000 miles). Be careful on the 97. Wiring harnesses (the ones that go to the valve covers)are hard to come by. And no one makes them anymore. I love both my 7.3's but about to sell my 96 because of the wiring harness. If it goes all I will have is a parts truck. I'm looking at Bill Hewitts trucks he has for sell at powerstrokehelp.com. But to answer your question 10 grand is a good price

riverbank

Trying to borrow some money now. I did a small drywall job the other day for a lady and she had one for WAY WAY less than what y'all are saying.

riverbank

The only vehicle we have right now is my wife's small SUV. We both work out of it. Heck we have hauled hogs in that thing...... She's about tired of it.

riverbank

Were poor folks , We don't like to have to borrow money. We try our best to live within our means. But we are also trying to get a small farm off the ground and sure as heck need a truck. And I guess I just came across a great deal on one that I don't want to pass up. I'll post up some pictures if I can make it happen. :flag:

T-N-T

Well good luck to you.