Where do you store your ML?

one_shot

I shoot 777 powder in my muzzleloader, a guy at the gunshop told me to never store any ML in the same cabinet or safe with my other guns. ( corrosion )
Has anyone heard this?
Thanks!

Last edited:

hawgrider1200

no, if u clean the rifle well there should be nothing in it to corrode ur other guns. If u store it with a charge in the barrel u would still be ok (IMO) because the powder is not going to be touching the other guns just make sure u lube ur barrel in that muzzleloader well before u store it charged or not.

Jeff Raines

Mine is right beside the other guns in my safe.After the last cleaning of the year,I apply a thick coat of bore butter all over it.
Usually takes at least an hour to clean it off when prepping for the next ML season

Whiteeagle

Been storing mine next to all my other guns for 35+ years, no problems. Keep 1 rifle charged with leather over nipple all the time, and c&b revolver loaded and ready to fire next to rifle with no problems. No children at home to worry about & secured in gun cabinet. Check en every few weeks for possible surface rust, whipe outside with sheath ocassionaly.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I think the guy at the gunshop doesn't know much about muzzleloaders. :)

hawgrider1200

Maybe he was talkin bout the 777. don't store that next to ur other guns cuz it is highly hydroscopic according to all the reveiws I have seen on it. Even so that should not b a problem with a capped can of powder.

one_shot

He did not know I was shooting 777 powder, I stored my knight ML in the same cabinet for years.

Last edited:

golffreak

Mine have always been stored right beside my other guns. No problems so far.