which is the best wma?

GobbleAndGrunt78

Loaded question there. With all due respect, most people won't answer that question. There is way too many creepers that cyber scout.

deast1988

WMAs take time to learn get ya reg book find one that's open to public. Break into sections and learn a piece at a time. Boot leather and sweat goes a long way. Locations are kept quiet for a reason. Honey holes aren't honey holes if they get over hunted and too much pressure.

Good luck

whitetailfreak

For me it's Hazel Creek WMA in NW GA. There are birds in every holler at that place :shoot:

Last edited:

sman

Evans Co PFA.

Gaswamp

pnome

This one I know where there is this closed road that I can park at the head of and walk down it. The road ends in a clearing about mile or so in, but if you head into the woods at the southeast corner of the clearing, there is a way you can get to a 3 mile stretch of spectacular ridge-line.

gregg

This one I know where there is this closed road that I can park at the head of and walk down it. The road ends in a clearing about mile or so in, but if you head into the woods at the southeast corner of the clearing, there is a way you can get to a 3 mile stretch of spectacular ridge-line.

Yeah, I love that spot too, see ya in March :rofl:

whitetailfreak

Now the cat is outta the bag...

WOODSWIZE

My favorite in the 70's & early 80's was Little River WMA in Cherokee County, which was also home to the old "Thousand Acres" legendary mud hole's that would 'swaller a truck!
Bagged a couple birds there and a ton of squirrels.
-I hope I have not said to much.

sman

Big Flint Creek Ocotoona Altasilla Perry Grant Run Hill Lazer Lake George Nursery College Mountain is the best!!!

23 acres of prime turkey hunting!

turkeykirk

I always ride around a WMA and call where I see the trucks parked. Great way to locate gobblers! Lol

sman

I always ride around a WMA and call where I see the trucks parked. Great way to locate gobblers! Lol

You noticed that as well. Gobblers must be attracted to those parked trucks.

Timber1

BANNED
Them guys locatin out their truck windows with those killer boxes...gobbler has no choice but to think there is a hen inside that parked truck! ;)

turkeykirk

You noticed that as well. Gobblers must be attracted to those parked trucks.

I really get excited if I come across an area with a couple of trucks parked there. Just know there must be a bunch of gobblers there if all the trucks are all together!