Who here lives in Jones County/ Gray area?

Toliver

I am in Gray GA right now and my wife and daughter are liking the area as a potential retirement area at the end of this year or early next year. If you don't mind PMing me to answer some questions about the area. Thanks in advance!

I don't live in the area but close in Spalding County. I've always liked the Gray/Jones County area. Good rural type area but close enough to reach Macon (for whatever that's worth) or Atlanta if need be.
My only real dislike applies to most of the piedmont no larger rivers if you're an old river rat like myself.

Resica

I don't live in the area but close in Spalding County. I've always liked the Gray/Jones County area. Good rural type area but close enough to reach Macon (for whatever that's worth) or Atlanta if need be.
My only real dislike applies to most of the piedmont no larger rivers if you're an old river rat like myself.
How bout the Old Muggee?

Well I grew up on a river that I could go down to Tuscaloosa, Mobile, up to Montgomery or Tenn-Tom to St Louis, New Orleans or Cincinnati.
Not that I ever would but that's a river to me.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I live next door in Eatonton/Putnam. Life long resident in area. PM me for any help.

doenightmare

Gone But Not Forgotten
The last time I went through Gray I was surprised at all the new subdivisions being built. My buddy hunts Jones and has a neighborhood bordering their lease. But Gray is a nice town.

back_woods

Don't really get to much better as far as middle GA goes in my opinion

hawkeye123

Live right up the road in Monroe co, Monroe & Jones are both great, a lot of rural but a quick driver to Macon to get whatever you want, Bass Pro & Academy are close, great hunting & fishing close , low crime , good schools

27metalman

I'm real close by, but not in Jones. Lot's of family and friends there though. PM me any time. Pretty decent place to be... just outside of Macon - Ha Ha. Watch out for that Jones County Facebook page though... LOL. Crazy stuff on there I hear.

LTE

I'm in Monroe County and go to Jones quite often. When we moved from Bibb, Jones County was our second choice. Nice area.

Toliver

We drove all over middle Georgia on our way to and from Florida this week. Jones County gave us the best vibe and I have gotten good feed back. I will certainly be looking more at the property ads in that area. Thanks for all your comments.