Why i love hunting from the ground...

specialk

OTG is old school for sure....had a buddy years ago w/ polio that couldnt climb, he would find a big oak and rake every leaf around the whole tree about 4ft off the base and sit for hours....killed more deer than I did....neat vid....

RipperIII

Wish I could have gotten the chase on vid...but it happened so fast, and right behind me...when I heard them crashing outta the thicket, I actually thought it was a hog

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Cool vid, Rip. Love seeing them cats. Cool animals.

chase870

Possum Sox
I sat on the ground this evening saw 6 deer; all does could have killed a few of them for sure. I always like calling a cat in and it always amazias me is how they just show up

johnpoulan83

Missed The Vote

This bobcat chased a rabbit out of that thicket behind me, apparently lost the rabbit. Circled back a few minutes later to pick up the scent trail...so I got this video...distance about 6 ft. From me
No need to yell at em they’re not gona run your deer off bud

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
That was awesome ! I’ve seen one close like that, but I was in a blind. I love your style with just a folding chair! Way to go Rip! Good luck on the hoss your waiting for!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Great encounter , one of my favorite animals to see and watch . Thanks for sharing

RipperIII

One of my favorite critters. I love to watch bobcats and otters from the stand.
I've had quite a few encounters with Bobcats here in Butts co....no otters.
Seeing bobcats from a stand is cool...seeing them at ground level is pretty awesome...and calling them in ....well thats on a different level entirely.
I hunt on the ground about 40% of my hunts, usually turkey style against a tree or in some dead fall, more often lately with a folding chair...for comfort. I feel more connected, or closer to the action while on the ground than I do in a stand or in a pop up.
The speed of these 2 critters running past in a real life or death race, the sound of their paws pounding the ground and the LOOK on their faces,...the rabbit with his ears back and eyes wide open and the cat laser locked in pursuit was a true gift from God on an otherwise slow morning.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
I've had quite a few encounters with Bobcats here in Butts co....no otters.
Seeing bobcats from a stand is cool...seeing them at ground level is pretty awesome...and calling them in ....well thats on a different level entirely.
I hunt on the ground about 40% of my hunts, usually turkey style against a tree or in some dead fall, more often lately with a folding chair...for comfort. I feel more connected, or closer to the action while on the ground than I do in a stand or in a pop up.
The speed of these 2 critters running past in a real life or death race, the sound of their paws pounding the ground and the LOOK on their faces,...the rabbit with his ears back and eyes wide open and the cat laser locked in pursuit was a true gift from God on an otherwise slow morning.
I feel the same way and hunt similarly to you. It's also safer and with the proper setup, my view is fine.