Wireless Cell Cameras

LongDraw38

Have never used a wirless cell camera. And i cant really find any concrete info on how these plans work. I know the different trail cam companies have their own plans for pictures taken by the camera and how much that will cost. But how does the camera usage actually affect your data provider? Just curious about this because i cant find any info on how the usage of the wireless camera with affect your data plan through wireless provider.

Lick Skillet

Cell cameras have nothing to do with your plan. You pay for the plan through your cell camera company. They are very affordable plans. I use Tactacam and I am happy so far.

LongDraw38

Ok, so if i was to say get a spypoint and just the free 100 pics a month thats all i would need to worry about?

Tight Lines

Cell cameras are somewhat complicated and hard to understand...I don't know why they make it so hard...but in a nutshell there are basically 3 alternatives...

1. Add the camera to your cell plan
  2. Buy a separate plan for your camera(s) from the provider(s)
  3. Buy a plan from the cell camera company
#1 is the easiest to do and likely the cheapest. I have Verizon Unlimited so adding a camera from Spartan is about $11 per month unlimited. That's $5 connected device, $3 in taxes and fees, and $3 to Spartan for the app and website access.

#2 is an option too, depending on the company and is no different than #1 except it may cost you more if you don't have an existing plan.

#3 is what Ridgetec and Spartan are doing selling their own data service directly by re-selling the connectivity to Verizon, AT&T, US Cellular, T-Mobile, etc. I do this with my Ridgetecs and buy points for my cameras.

The cell camera companies are learning that the camera is not the ticket, it's the recurring charges, so they are buying and bundling the services and then re-selling them to you.

That's what Spartan, Spypoint, Ridgetec etc. are doing. Some do it on images, some on points, some on data. In the end, they are charging you data charges in some way shape or form.

You can Google this, visit Ridgetec, Spypoint, Spartan, etc. and also trailcampro.com.

If you have specific questions feel free to PM me...

Best of luck it is an addiction...

2dye4

Ok, so if i was to say get a spypoint and just the free 100 pics a month thats all i would need to worry about?
I’d suggest getting the new flex. Just bought 2 and the picture quality of far greater than the micro lte cameras.

Attachments

• AE038D1A-4C24-4D9E-9A43-87751EAFE69F.jpeg
    AE038D1A-4C24-4D9E-9A43-87751EAFE69F.jpeg
    532.2 KB · Views: 22