WON Quota hunt, NOW WHAT?!

benjo1993

I got am email today that I was selected for one of the dove hunts on the Clark's Hill WMA in September. The email just told me that I was selected and the date of the hunt. Didn't tell me where to be and what time. Is there going to be a follow-up email coming later, or am I on my own and just go hunt out there in one of the dove fields anytime during that day?

Mark K

Banned
Opening day starts at noon. Allowed to pick your stand by 10 I believe...consult regs to be sure.
There should be signs stating which field/fields to hunt.
At least that’s how’s its done down here in God’s country. Atlanta may do it different.

ucfireman

Just show up. They may check you they may not, They didn't when I went. They will let you know what fields are open at the check station. Shooting starts at 12 and as said you can pick your spot around 10.. That will be listed at the check station.
I was chosen for Clybel years ago, tons of people and HOT!!!!
I will wait for later hunts. Good Luck it is fun!

benjo1993

Opening day starts at noon. Allowed to pick your stand by 10 I believe...consult regs to be sure.
There should be signs stating which field/fields to hunt.
At least that’s how’s its done down here in God’s country. Atlanta may do it different.
its about an hour and a half from atlanta almost in augusta.

benjo1993

Just show up. They may check you they may not, They didn't when I went. They will let you know what fields are open at the check station. Shooting starts at 12 and as said you can pick your spot around 10.. That will be listed at the check station.
I was chosen for Clybel years ago, tons of people and HOT!!!!
I will wait for later hunts. Good Luck it is fun!
thank you! i didn't know anything about it. i assumed they would provide more info but, nope!

35 Whelen

CLARKS HILL WMA Q H C A 12,700 acres • 706.595.4222
DEER ARCHERY » Either Sex: Sept. 14-26 s | Sept. 30-Oct. 11 s
PRIMITIVE » Either Sex: Oct. 12-18 s
FIREARMS » Either Sex: Sept. 27-29 c | Nov. 4-24 s »
HC Specialty Hunt/Either Sex: Oct. 25-27 s
TURKEY Mar. 21-May 15 s
SMALL GAME Aug. 15-Sept. 26, Sept. 30-Oct. 24, Oct. 28 - Feb. 29
DOVE • Q30 Sept. 7 s Quota on designated fields only. • General Hunt: Sept. 14, Sept. 21, Nov. 23-Dec. 1, Dec. 6-Jan. 31
COYOTE May 16 - 31
SPECIAL REGS Areas west of U.S. HWY 78/GA HWY 17 are open for hunting during statewide seasons only. Camping in designated sites only.
DIRECTIONS From Thomson Take U.S. 78 north 10 miles; turn right on Smith Mill Rd. at WMA sign; go 2.5 miles to check station

GA WATERFOWL AND MIGRATORY BIRD STAMP Georgia Migratory Bird Stamp is required for any person age 16 and older and hunts migratory birds (doves, ducks, geese, woodcock, snipe, coots, soras, rails, or gallinules). A free Georgia Migratory Bird Stamp is available for all resident Landowners hunting their own land and a Sportsman’s License, Youth Sportsman’s License, Disability Sportsman’s License, Disability Hunting License, Honorary License or Lifetime Sportsman’s License holder.

LEGAL HOURS Dove: 12 noon until sunset on opening day of September season, and ½ hour before sunrise to sunset for the remainder of the season. All Other Migratory Birds: ½ hour before sunrise to sunset.

• Plugged Shotguns: For hunting migratory game birds, shotguns shall be limited to a capacity of not more than 3 shells in the magazine and chamber combined. If a plug is necessary to so limit the capacity, the plug shall be of 1 piece and incapable of being removed from the loading end of the magazine.

TREE STANDS AND HUNTING STRUCTURES Hunting structure: any portable tree stand, ground blind, stool, chair, bucket, waterfowl blind, or other similar device used for the purpose of hunting. Hunters may not construct or hunt from any tree stand that is not portable or natural. Tree stands may not be placed on utility poles or other structures supporting utility lines. For big game and feral hog hunts, hunting structures shall not be placed any sooner than one day prior to the hunt and shall be removed from the WMA no later than 12 noon the day following the hunt.
For small game hunts, hunting structures may be placed and shall be removed from the WMA only on the day of the hunt.
Exception: Opening day of dove season hunters shall not enter a managed dove field and hunting structures shall not be placed on a managed dove field prior to 10 a.m.