Wood for stock

bg7m

Here is a gunstock I made from Georgia air dried walnut, worked for me. Another Georgia walnut blank waiting to be used on something special.
I'm not expert stock maker but I dont know what the problem would be with Georgia walnut

Attachments

• 101_0715.JPG
    101_0715.JPG
    342.2 KB · Views: 24

Dbender

You can get some really nice hardwood out of the runners on certain pallets. If you make it out of inferior wood all your out is a little time and its just practice for the next one. Big7 that looks really nice!

rosewood

I found myself an old Mauser stock that I had already stripped. I have been staring at it and have come to the conclusion I need a band saw to inlet it and I don't have one. I do have a scroll saw, but not sure it has enough butt to cut something that thick.

Rosewood

rosewood

Thanks, but it is a Stevens 330 SxS double barrel. That grip will not work. I wished it would though. At that price, I would have jumped on it.

rosewood

I bought a bench top mill earlier this year and realized I can use it to do the inletting. Just have to move this project to the front. Just finished re-bluing and refinishing a Stevens 940 410 that turned out great. Also refinished a Savage 110 that I had rebarreled to a .260 rem. Went with a black stain on it, it is my hunting rifle. Let a bit of the brown peak through and it turned out looking quite nice.

Hunting season is pending so this may not happen this year....

Rosewood