First deer with my Flintlock

Big7

The Oracle
Cool harvesting that doe with a long flintlock.
Congratulations on the first deer with a most beautiful rifle.. That wood is really cool.

Is it Cherry? That's what it looks like. ?

FOLES55

Super cool!

Congratulations

Darkhorse

Congratulations on a nice deer with that new flintlock. Looks like your shooting that flinchlock pretty good.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats, and that's a beautiful rifle.

MAM65

Congratulation. That’s gonna be some fine eating.
Tell us a little about your gear, I really like that horn and bag, the rifle is rifle ain’t too bad either

leoparddog

I'm back now. Not my best shot on a deer but the .54 cal ball did the trick. She ran a long way due to my low shot but left me a good trail to follow so I knew I'd find her eventually. I didn't have my bag with me or I'd have put it down there too.

The horn is nothing special, I ordered it from Crazy Crow I think.
The horn strap was ordered from a weaver that I found on FB who does traditional weavings specializing I think in horn, bag straps and such.

The rifle was a TVM kit, 36" barrel, .54cal Late Lancaster

Thanks everyone for the comments and likes. I'm pretty pumped still.

Attachments

• Completed.jpg
    Completed.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

HughW2

Leopard dog,

Congrats! Your build thread was interesting and good to appreciate the effort and love that goes into one of those beautiful rifles. Keep us posted when you bag a buck with it!

leoparddog

I'm going to hunt with it next weekend too. I've decided that unless I'm sitting on a food plot or clear cut, I'm going to carry my flinter. It needs a name and maybe if I carry it enough, I'll think of one.