First deer with my Flintlock

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Way cool!

snuffy

Congratulations on buth the deer and the FINE looking rifle.

leoparddog

Congratulations on the first deer with a most beautiful rifle.. That wood is really cool.

Is it Cherry? That's what it looks like. ?

Big7, the wood is maple. I did put a LMF Red Maple stain on the wood before the Aqua Fortis which gave it a red tone. It was much more red when new but has nicely faded into a red/brown.

Hillbilly stalker

I'm back now. Not my best shot on a deer but the .54 cal ball did the trick. She ran a long way due to my low shot but left me a good trail to follow so I knew I'd find her eventually. I didn't have my bag with me or I'd have put it down there too.

The horn is nothing special, I ordered it from Crazy Crow I think.
The horn strap was ordered from a weaver that I found on FB who does traditional weavings specializing I think in horn, bag straps and such.

The rifle was a TVM kit, 36" barrel, .54cal Late Lancaster

Thanks everyone for the comments and likes. I'm pretty pumped still.
That's a beauty of a rifle. I have a .43 caliber fowler/fouler that the furniture looks alot like that on your rifle. I'm sure mines a replica because it has no other markings other than .43 cal on the crown of the barrel. Your is a beauty !

Big7

The Oracle
Big7, the wood is maple. I did put a LMF Red Maple stain on the wood before the Aqua Fortis which gave it a red tone. It was much more red when new but has nicely faded into a red/brown.

Looks REAL GOOD. ????

I recon that twisted grain threw me off.
Anyhooo.. Very good looking rifle. Hope you make that bad- boy an heirloom. ?

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
That’s the way it should be done. Great job and a great looking rifle.

leoparddog

Looks REAL GOOD. ????

I recon that twisted grain threw me off.
Anyhooo.. Very good looking rifle. Hope you make that bad- boy an heirloom. ?

Thanks Big7,
Unfortunately I don't know what kind of heirloom it will become. Unless my stepdaughter (18 yrs old now) gets married and has kids, I don't have anyone in my close family to pass it down to. All my nephews are bed wetters. I may reach out to my many cousins to find a family member who would like it when I'm too old to hunt or when I'm gone.

Big7

The Oracle
Thanks Big7,
Unfortunately I don't know what kind of heirloom it will become. Unless my stepdaughter (18 yrs old now) gets married and has kids, I don't have anyone in my close family to pass it down to. All my nephews are bed wetters. I may reach out to my many cousins to find a family member who would like it when I'm too old to hunt or when I'm gone.

I know exactly how you feel. I wouldn't mind leaving my 2 Nephews a BUNCH of stuff. Especially hunting, shooting, handloading and fishing stuff. That includes 2 small boats, thousands of rounds of ammo, winter clothes- 4 tool chests and no telling how much other "stuff".

One is in college, the other is not college material. That's fine too.

They will be a little older and more responsible before I turn it loose, even if it takes a trust with conditions.

No blood kin left. I only claim my lil' Mama and Uncle. Both are getting on up there.
The rest, on this side of the pond, are dead to me. I won't leave them a butter bean.

Sad but true.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Thanks Big7,
Daddy!!