Pics of backcountry camps

Stump06

Excited to do my first backcountry camp this year for bear/deer and would like to see some camps ya'll have had in the past since I'm jonesin pretty hard about it and I can only drop so many pins in onX. Any and all camps are welcome, doesn't necessarily have to be in the backcountry.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Mine were never 'backcountry', but truck camping where i could find parking and a flat spot big enough for a tent...
Never crossed my mind to take a pic...
I've graduated to a camper in a RV park now...

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Lots of camping hack vids on YT.

Stump06

I envy you guys that hammock camp. Ive tried it a few times but never could get it dialed in. I still revisit it from time to time

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Last fall during muzzle loader week at about 3800ft.

48892750418_b67d077ebe_b.jpg

48893456202_f4fcf4099d_b.jpg

Cup of coffee on a rainy morning. I had stepped out of the tent to answer the call at daybreak and flushed a grouse that was right outside my tent.

48893273681_5f414b203f_b.jpg

Stump06

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

ScarFoot

My hammock is a hennesy, I like the tent early in the season when its warm because, it gets you out of the bugs and snakes and its cooler with air underneath you, In cold conditions im back in a tent, Both my tent and hammock weigh 5-6 lbs each. On the coffee subject i also carry my french press and jet boil even on day hikes, There is no finer cup of coffee than the one you have at daybreak in the back country!

whitetailfreak

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Yep. His dad in the tent saved him. :)

Plus, the last time I "slept" in a hammock, it took me two hours to get able to walk when I got up the next morning, and I like to froze to death to boot. My back wasn't right for a week. Hammocks are for teenagers and 20-year-olds. And, everybody I've camped with who slept in hammocks spent two hours fiddling with them to get them adjusted right.

jbogg

A Bridge Hammock is the ticket. No fiddle factor. It’s like a cot floating on a cloud. A gathered end hammock takes some trial and error for many folks. My War Bonnet Ridge Runner is as simple as it gets. Slept comfortably down into the teens. A proper under quilt and top quilt and you are good to go. Most of my backpack hunts have been solo, but had a non hunting high school buddy tag along a couple of times just to hang out and camp.
96C1005D-E4D3-4DBD-9B6F-2EF8B189F111.jpeg1E89F7FF-DB31-4F2A-8C7F-B218DAAEEF89.jpeg4A4435FD-E9AA-4B55-915E-2A1C24D0FD9D.jpeg

Stump06

@jbogg Ive looked at them some. I may need to invest in a ridge runner and see if that works better. I love having a hammock around camp for midday naps.

@splatek I always take something to help me sleep usually an Advil or ibuprofen PM to help with aches from hiking but melatonin gummies are great.