Did you Reload anything today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I had a pocket full of intentions when I finished work today just after lunch.

I must confess ....I think I am becoming a brass hoarder...do they have groups to help with this?

I had forgotten all about picking this OF brass up a couple of weeks ago.

IMG_0192.jpg

What made me remember was this batch I got Friday when I went to the shop to sort it. That sure take a lot of time

Looks like all that 6.8SPC is Hornady cases...they might have LR primers
IMG_0187.jpg
I'll check it out latter and add it to top the 500 or so SP I already hadIMG_0188.jpg
That is .223 on the left and in that black bag is a hodgepodge.
IMG_0189.jpg
This gallon of .308 was sitting on top of the 6.8

IMG_0186.jpg
The red coffee jug is full of .270...looks like mostly Hornady Brass...somebody was asking me about .270 stuff just the other day...even I asked...how much more .270 ya need kid
IMG_0190.jpg
that black bag had a bunch in it....some of those good looking Hornady Nickle cases that maybe TAP? comes in...case head looks lazer engraved....that .204 Ruger was hard to see in it...smh..looks like 20 or so of them...a bunch of .38SPL. Had to get the sifter out to get the grr.380 out of all the 9mm. The .223 ended up being about 1/3 of a 5 gal bucket...soon as I get it near about full I'll run up a and size/trim it ...looks like all commercial.

I might have to hire me someone to help me get it all done....if I wasn't always sortin brass I might be able to load some.

I did get these pushed back from 2.850 to 2.80...now they might cycle through the mag. Just need to go and check the speed and how they group now :rolleyes:...all this time on the bench with that hunting rifle I have been single feeding...smh

IMG_0191.jpg

I did pull out 10 new Norma cases and size the necks down to 6.5, prime them and shoved in some 142gr ABLR on top of the powder. It seems I was mistaken earlier...I have 1 box of 142gr ABLR left....it was the 129gr I have 6 or so boxes of...wonder how fast those will run in the 6.5-300WSM :D

IMG_0193.jpg
hardest part of that was setting up the dies and swapping jaws on the Co-Ax.

Still don't like the wobble of the seating die...might need BriarPatch99 to give me lessons

Last edited:

rosewood

Loaded up about 30 or so 300 BLK last night to test out in my new CVA 300 BLK Scout. Have some 125 FMJ using Lil'Gun and CCI small pistol magnum primers, may try some 125 SP also if I get around to it before the next range trip.

Rosewood

Nimrod71

Trying a new load today for my 22-250. I have got several boxes of Dogtown so I have been loading them to save my Sierra's. The Dogtowns have been off and on target, but I think it's me more than the bullets. Todays I will used iMR 4895 powder. I haven't loaded any of the Dogtowns with this powder, maybe I'll do better.

Nimrod71

Loaded up some Old Faithful 6 mm Rem in Sierra 85 HPBT over IMR 4895. If these don't make one hole I know it's not the rifle, it's I have lost my Rifleman's touch. Keep your fingers crossed.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Folgers coffee cans hold some serious brass. Just when you think you’ve reloaded all your ammo you find another tub of brass.:unsure:

Reactions: Dub

Dub

You could always try your hand at fishing

Sold my Ranger years ago......miss it hugely. 18' with 200hp Mercury. It'd scoot on out. Thirsty sucker, though.

It's on my list of stuff to do again once retirement gets here in a few years.

But, yeah.....fishing sure looks good on that Blue Press. :rofl:

Ray357

AWOL
First let me say I love reloading. I love it as much as I do shooting. I walk through my reloading room several time a day looking for something to reload. I got a new scope for my 6 mm yesterday so I decided I better load up a few rounds to get it sited in. This rifle really loves Sierra 85 ga. HPBT over 38,3 grs. of IMR 4895. Currently I can shoot 5 shots at 100 yards and cover them with a dime. That may not be the best, but it is good for me. I can't shoot as good as I use to, age is working on my nerves and eye sight. After loading the 6 mm's I decided to load up a round of 223's. I have a Savage 223 that I have for a truck gun and been working up a load for it. Today I loaded Sierra 55 gr. BlitzKing over 27 grs. of MR 2520. I haven't used the 2620 in a long time, but in the past I remember it shot pretty good in my Win. 223. Now I am ready for the rifle range tomorrow.
45 Colt. Blue bullets.

rosewood

She could definitely help me cope.

Dub

45 Colt. Blue bullets.

You did good to get an order in from Blue Bullets.

They went dang near into hibernation on order speed past several months....used to be super fast.

DG Bullets was a source that many people seemed to swap over to as they remained fast & furious on order fulfillment.

Ray357

AWOL
You did good to get an order in from Blue Bullets.

They went dang near into hibernation on order speed past several months....used to be super fast.

DG Bullets was a source that many people seemed to swap over to as they remained fast & furious on order fulfillment.
I buy from both. DG bullets just ain't as pretty as Blue Bullets, or so my 7 year old told me. I order way in advance.

Dub

I buy from both. DG bullets just ain't as pretty as Blue Bullets, or so my 7 year old told me. I order way in advance.

:) I need to check back in with them and see if that have the 200gr swc again. It was absent from their list for a while.

Jester896

Senior Clown
@jester ....A guess on the velocity ...
3173 fps.

not sure...he backed the 7828ssc down to 62 and they performed just as well...with less punch..they were running close to that..31?? fps...and with that.. the speed went 3050 from his with 140SSTs and still are .25 about. If I remember right the 142 ABLR were faster on the same charge...we shall see with the Kreiger. Strong chance the 129s will be closer to.3200...going to make puddin in a couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.