Did you Reload anything today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosewood

I have the Frankford Arsenal powered trimmer/prep station. Best purchase I have made in reloading. Leaps and bounds above the hand crank. I still hate taking the time to trim though.

Rosewood

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I got these done today but the road to the range is a swamp from all the snow melt here in Pa. Can't wait to shoot them.
7/8oz #9 TSS Load
A 20210317_110806.jpg

A 6 ball .310 diameter #1.5 Buckshot load
20210317_111002.jpg

rosewood

Cheddite hulls?

How did you start the crimp on new hulls? They don't fold worth a dang for me.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Yes, Cheddite hulls.

Jester896

Senior Clown
that is a fine looking crimp!

I have one of those brass ones for my 12ga 9000 and have never installed it...was waiting for the plastic one to stop working good.

Dub

Still not loading anything....just taking on components as I can find them....future fun one day when things slow down some.

Had the delivery guy make a drop just before the rain came on in. Great timing.

ACME coated 200gr sic for the .45's and some 405gr missiles for .45/70.

Some more 100gr for 9mm. Wanted see these scream through a compensated pistol.

Some 360gr hard cast for the .460.

menhadenman

That storm woke me up around 1:50 am so decided to set up the FA Intellidropper that was just on sale at Midway for $158. Gotta say first impressions are pretty good for anyone interested.

Loaded up some 6.5G for my son for pigs, 105 gr Cavity Back MKZ over 29.0 g Benchmark a little long (2.330” OAL). Shot great in his Howa last time out. Gonna conform then load up a pile of em. E922E972-4E1B-460C-8D06-CC8B40843533.jpegE46348DF-AD18-430C-AF09-2F815D62216E.jpeg

rosewood

I thought that might be what you were using. I may just have to pony up the cash and buy one of those.

Have you used any of those loads in a Judge? I can't get my hull to be uniform enough to slide in and out easily using the fold crimp. Seems the fold end of the case is just too wide, I can't get the taper correct. I have had to resort to roll crimp to use in the judge. Never have that issue with either 12 or 20 gauge.

Thanks,

Rosewood

menhadenman

At first glance, I though you had crimped the heck out of that bullet then pulled it...

Rosewood
Never tried monos before but a few buddies talked me into trying it out. From what I understand those notches in copper rounds (like the TTSX) reduce copper fouling. The CBBs are pricey but there’s some impressive footage online that made me cave.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I thought that might be what you were using. I may just have to pony up the cash and buy one of those.

Have you used any of those loads in a Judge? I can't get my hull to be uniform enough to slide in and out easily using the fold crimp. Seems the fold end of the case is just too wide, I can't get the taper correct. I have had to resort to roll crimp to use in the judge. Never have that issue with either 12 or 20 gauge.

Thanks,

Rosewood
The buckshot loads are for my buddy to try in his Public Defender. I have not had a chance to meet up with him to see if they fit his cylinder, and why I only loaded five to start.

rosewood

The buckshot loads are for my buddy to try in his Public Defender. I have not had a chance to meet up with him to see if they fit his cylinder, and why I only loaded five to start.
The cylinder has a step so you can't stick .454 in there and blow yourself up. Makes the .410 hulls tight especially if they are not perfect. They shoot fine and come out pretty easily, but you have to push hard to get them to chamber.

Let me know how it turns out.

Rosewood

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
The cylinder has a step so you can't stick .454 in there and blow yourself up. Makes the .410 hulls tight especially if they are not perfect. They shoot fine and come out pretty easily, but you have to push hard to get them to chamber.

Let me know how it turns out.

Rosewood
Will do, thanks you for the info

menhadenman

Loaded up a few rounds of 25-06 to zero the scope on my new Ruger #1V. Loaded 115gr Nosler Ballistic Tips over 48gr on IMR 4350. Once I zero the scope I am going to try some 115gr Nosler Partitions since I want to use it for deer.
I’ve had great luck with 117 SST out of my 25-06. Maybe a dozen animals with three big bucks out to 350 yds.

Status
Not open for further replies.