6.5 Creedmore rifles everywhere

Dub

Shoot whatever cranks yer handle. My .243 and 7mm08 get me all the deer I want.

For some people , shooting a 6.5 Creedmoor is like being Gay. Some of us don't care what you do in private, just don't shove it in our face.

I'm old and I don't care, go around me.

Oh man......man oh man.

I just laughed harder than I have in ages.

THANK YOU (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

I needed that laugh.....bigtime. Most welcome.

Dangitman, that was funny....and spot on.

Awesome.

I'm still laughing, brother. Dang, I needed that.

@NCHillbilly ....have you seen this 'un ???

Spot on.

Man, that was funny. Glad I wasn't out and about and reading this from my cellphone....would have been impossible to explain to folks.

NWS

I like the 6.5 for many reasons:
1. Ammo is really really cheap
2. Ammo is easy to find and almost on all store shelves even way out in the “sticks”.
3. I like rifles that are easy on the barrel and aren’t hard on barrel and throat erosion. Why blow up a lot of powder in a blown up case and force it all down small diameter barrel?
4. 6.5 gives me a really flat trajectory for typical ranges out to about 200 yards deer hunting here in the South and also other places. Those extra millimeters gained in trajectory on our average shooting distance sure gives me a great advantage over my antiquated 243, 7mm Mauser & 30/06.
5. Deer seem to drop better when my bullets leave the barrel at close to 3000 FPS or more. My 30/06 reloads at 2600 FPS just don’t seem to faze the deer.
6. My 6.5 really blends in nicely with my new $1000 Sitka Camo Spandex outfit.
7. My Hubble Telescope Scope just looks better on my 6.5.

NWS

The 6.5 Creedmoor has a 62,000 MAP ..

The .260 Remington has a 60,000 MAP ...

The 22-250 has a 65,000 MAP

The .270 Win has a 65,000 MAP

Why is the .260 limited to a less pressure than the 6.5 Creedmoor ... It is because some bunch fuddy duddy folks setting in an office some where in a building called SAAMI said it was so.....

All modern actions are "supposed" to be proof load tested at 80,000 PSI.
The brass is the weak link in a rifle .... So how can the FD folks assign a number that uses the same brass, same head diameter and same action....

There is no reason that the Creedmoor is loaded to a higher pressure over .a .260 ...none ...

All modern bolt action cartridges should share the same 65,000 MAP....
There is no need to push max pressures in modern center fire rifles for 99% of hunters and shooters today. You are just messing with problems if you do. 2500 FPS kills just as dead as 3000+

BriarPatch99

2. Ammo is easy to find and almost on all store shelves even way out in the “sticks”.
3. I like rifles that are easy on the barrel and aren’t hard on barrel and throat erosion. Why blow up a lot of powder in a blown up case and force it all down small diameter barrel?
4. 6.5 gives me a really flat trajectory for typical ranges out to about 200 yards deer hunting here in the South and also other places. Those extra millimeters gained in trajectory on our average shooting distance sure gives me a great advantage over my antiquated 243, 7mm Mauser & 30/06.
5. Deer seem to drop better when my bullets leave the barrel at close to 3000 FPS or more. My 30/06 reloads at 2600 FPS just don’t seem to faze the deer.

If you think the 6.5 Creedmoor shoots flatter to 200 yards over the .243 Winchester ....my friend you have been sadly misinformed ...

ucfireman

I think a little different.
I wonder if folks are buying the other rifles 308, 243, 270, 3006 etc and leaving the 6.5 and that is why your seeing them everywhere.
From what I'm seeing the other ammo is easier to find than the 6.5.

BriarPatch99

There is no need to push max pressures in modern center fire rifles for 99% of hunters and shooters today. You are just messing with problems if you do. 2500 FPS kills just as dead as 3000+

I believe you misread what I posted ....go bad and see anywhere I said that you had to run any cartridge at maximum pressure ....

If you reread ...you will find I stated what the MAP was for each those cartridges and why it made no sense to limit one over another to a different pressure ... I spelled it out in fairly easy to understand words ...

NWS

I believe you misread what I posted ....go bad and see anywhere I said that you had to run any cartridge at maximum pressure ....

If you reread ...you will find I stated what the MAP was for each those cartridges and why it made no sense to limit one over another to a different pressure ... I spelled it out in fairly easy to understand words ...
You’re right but I think a lot of people need to be reminded that pushing reloads up to Max SAAMI can be dicey.

BriarPatch99

You’re right but I think a lot of people need to be reminded that pushing reloads up to Max SAAMI can be dicey.

If a person uses data published by reputable sources .... then there is no reason to be close ....the lawyers have made sure of that ...

If they go beyond .... then they are on their on ... even many firearms manuals say not to use reloads ....

Dub

Whew....you almost got me.

I was getting riled up until I reached #6 & #7. :rofl: :cheers:

Dub

I started growing my man bun today, and here's the Creed' I'll be smokin' mega-toad warriors with next season...

View attachment 1115703

Bet y'all ALL gon be jelly...

You way ahead and leading us. (y)

I'm still scratching my butt and trying to cipher how my balding noggin can produce a man bun hairstyle.

I may just have to settle on the hipster beard and oversized white-framed sunglasses.

NWS

If a person uses data published by reputable sources .... then there is no reason to be close ....the lawyers have made sure of that ...

If they go beyond .... then they are on their on ... even many firearms manuals say not to use reloads ....
Interesting to note that some old Reloading Manuals (Speer for example) had many Safe “Mid Range” loads that are now considered Very Hot or over Maximum compared to today’s Reloading Manuals. Looks like a lot of data that was considered Safe back in the 1970’s & 80’s could now today be considered Hot or over Max. Of course we shot hundreds or thousands of those loads back in the day with good results.