TALBOT COUNTY 2020

Albuds

Usually around d Nov 5-10
We hunted Nov 6-9 and again this past weekend. No sign of a rut yet.
Spoke with Johnny Chapman yesterday and he said some hunters are like us and haven’t seen any sign of a rut and others have seen lots of activity. Makes no sense to us.

goin postal

Same for us. Little to no confirmation of the first rut. Still seeing a pile of does with young fawns. I have probably seen 15-18 different bucks this year and only one that looked like he was trying.

thumper523

They are rutting like crazy around our club between Geneva and Box Springs.
We have a lot of grunting, chasing, fighting and actual trying to mate since Friday.
I passed on a nice 3 yo 7 pointer that was dogging a doe in clear cut Saturday. (Formerly my pristine Hardwood ridge)

riddler

Close to Geneva as well and we are seeing activity with a 10-pointer taken on our club this past weekend. Also getting more day time pictures of bucks so our place is really good this past weekend and hopefully still going this weekend as well. We usually see peak activity around 14th-17th.

Last few days of October we had scrapes popping up everywhere. First week of November had some chasing going on with several different bucks seen and on camera. Second week of November, warm weather seemed to shut down movement. Cool weather this past weekend got them back on their feet and some good bucks were seen and being photogenic. We still have does with little ones and even been getting pics of fawns still trying to nurse. As far as the peak of the rut :huh:. Over the years we have hunted down there, more big bucks were killed the Saturday before Thanksgiving than any other single day.

Albuds

You guys are
Last few days of October we had scrapes popping up everywhere. First week of November had some chasing going on with several different bucks seen and on camera. Second week of November, warm weather seemed to shut down movement. Cool weather this past weekend got them back on their feet and some good bucks were seen and being photogenic. We still have does with little ones and even been getting pics of fawns still trying to nurse. As far as the peak of the rut :huh:. Over the years we have hunted down there, more big bucks were killed the Saturday before Thanksgiving than any other single day.
You guys are giving me renewed hope we still have something to look forward to. Thanks for input

SouthPaw Draw

GONetwork, GWF and NTWF Member
Slow on our place too, hunted the last 2 weeks and like was mentioned previously, fawns still with the mommas and saw some 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 yr old bucks pushin does but no mature bucks. Normally on our lease it has already kicked in, not sure what is going on.

possum235

Slow on our place too, hunted the last 2 weeks and like was mentioned previously, fawns still with the mommas and saw some 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 yr old bucks pushin does but no mature bucks. Normally on our lease it has already kicked in, not sure what is going on.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
The less amount of does makes for a more intense rut.Weather also plays a part in that if it's warm they move less during daylightBeen Hunting Talbot 25 yrs and the buck/doe ratio and temps effects t the daytime movement.
.I have seen it go from 50-60 dsm to 20 and everywhere in between.Just because we can,t see the big ones during daylight hrs doesn,t mean they are not there.
The time e between the first and second rut is figuring out if the bucks are crusing,chasing or just trying to stay alive.A lot of time in the stand helps,and it.and it varies from year to year.....In my experience.

SouthPaw Draw

GONetwork, GWF and NTWF Member
Got this porker Saturday evening right at dark. 15 yrs in my club and have never saw any or gotten pics until this year, boar weighed 185 lbs.

Attachments

• IMG_2014.JPG
    IMG_2014.JPG
    220 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_E2008.JPG
    IMG_E2008.JPG
    175.8 KB · Views: 32